If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, y'all have a nice weekend. I'm gonna fill up my old truck, and take the wife out to the movies and dinner. If it weren't for the cheap gas prices, we'd probably be eating TV dinners and clipping coupons this weekend. I'll be really disappointed if this thread is dead when I return.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm eating a Mexican tv dinner right now waiting on wife to get off work. Bought tickets to the Warren yesterday for movie tonight. Price of 2 movie tickets and then feeding her at and afterwards means I get a cheap lunch. Theatre is a few miles away, won't be much gas wasted.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked if anyone had heard from him a while back but got crickets.

We used to hit the range and spill some beer, he was pure entertainment to say the least. He dropped off the face of the planet, but if he turns up, I'll buy, being I have a financial windfall from $1.79 a gal gas and all.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never read so much BS stacked on top of more BS in my life. I remember why I quit coming on here.

I laid off 8 "oilfield" workers today, so I've got a little knowledge on the subject. Oilfield equipment manufacturing, not oil production. Not one of them made over $40k a year. What about the "top brass" making "big money" you ask? They were gone in January 2015, along with half of the mid-level execs. Six months ago cut the other half mid-level execs plus 5 floor level people and 3 office girls. The "top brass" that's left is taking half salaries and working 60+ hours a week just to keep the doors open. Make money now and use it later, ebb and flow, ups and downs, ride out the oilfield, etc... yeah, that money was spent over the last 14 months trying to keep hard workers employed...
So enjoy your $1 gas and practice a little empathy for guys that worked 10+ years at the same shop and DIDN'T get any of the benefits of $100 oil.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be the last person here to have talked to him because of some issues he was dealing with. I used to get ahold of him, fairly easy, through his girlfriend; but none of her contacts are in service now. I'll email him and see if he replies.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked in the rubber/steel industry for 10 years. After enough up/down cycles, never-ending threat of layoff, and several actual layoffs, I finally said "fu!ck this" in 2007. Decided to learn something that would allow me to work anywhere in the world, for the rest of my life, without those issues. The high wages were not worth the instability, for me. It's a big world, and there's lots of cool **** to do, especially if you get out of Oklahoma. If something isn't working out, pack up your horse and doggie show and do something else. Yeah, your standard of living will have to substantially change for a bit, but it's well worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom