If you couldn't live here where would you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have pretty liberal gun laws. Just a method to make sure your proven trained before getting a permit. Not a bad idea I thought.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there was a Colorado with New Hampshire laws I'd move there in a heartbeat. I've kind of grown accustomed to the humidity though, so I think I'd like Florida

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have pretty liberal gun laws. Just a method to make sure your proven trained before getting a permit. Not a bad idea I thought.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

The levels of permits is ridiculous. You also have to have an approved safe system. Cannot store ammo and firearms together, both must be locked up. Firearm cannot be stored loaded.

The have an AWB, although with their definition of pistol grips there is a work around.

I may be wrong but I believe you must be member of a pistol club in order to own a pistol.

No concealed or open carry.

What do you consider liberal about it?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
East Texas is pretty much the armpit of the world, and I would leave in a heart beat given the opportunity. I am getting tired of my business, and my wife has been tired of teaching stupid lazy kids for a while. We have fantasized about picking up and starting over somewhere else, and our first choice would be in northern New Mexico (maybe not in but around the Red River area).

My youngest son moved last month to Enid and is traveling up into Kansas calling on rigs and selling drill bits, and he loves that part of the world. I have a fondness for NW Oklahoma myself, but I still have about 20 more good working years left and am not sure what I could do for a living up there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After having lived all over Alaska I wouldn't want to live much further north then Anchorage. The older I get the harder the winters are. Here isn't in Anchorage isn't too bad in the winter but -50 below zero in Fairbanks and points north just sucks. Everything about it sucks. That's why I'd like to move down to Prince of Wales Island. Very moderate maritime climate in a temperate rainforest. Hunt, fish, live off the grid if you wanted too. And people down there don't get all up in each others business. Wanna build a house out of shipping containers? Nobody cares.

I'm with ya Bro.

Elk on the island too.

Ketchican isn't bad either. Rarely gets below freezing in the winter, and 80's in the summer.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son lives in Ketchican. Nice place to visit for a couple of weeks for fishing but I'm not sure I could handle the rain and the fact that I'm living on an island. He just bought a house about 75 miles south of Fairbanks so I guess I'll get to visit that area in the near future. Hopefully during some type of hunting season.
This thread is pretty interesting to me since for the past couple of weeks I've been so depressed about the heat, wind and lack of rain in the area around Stillwater. My pecan trees have died or are dying, my pasture is still brown and my yard actually grew for about a week and now is brown again. Of all the places we have visited or lived in the US I guess I would rather live somewhere North of Rolla, Missouri or my favorite location would be on the Meramac River in central Missouri. Wonderful river, rich soil and they actually get enough rain for things to grow. I was there last week and I pulled some wild onions in the Meramac river bottom that measured 31 inches tall. It's amazing what a little rain will do...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are trying to figure this out right now. Some days we think we are gonna stay here. Some days we think we are gonna move to another place but stay here in the state. Some days we think we are just gonna throw a dart and where ever it lands is where we are gonna wind up ...

I'm thinking farther east and south, GC is thinking west and north ... Yeah ... we tend to be that way ... Lord knows how we wound up together ... Since we have absolutely NOTHING to keep us here it will be interesting to see where we finally land ... or if we even leave at all ... :anyone: :scratch:

I never thought I'd see the day but Alaska is actually kinda tempting to me ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom