If you don't vote, don't complain...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are 7 people in our state that get to make the decision for us.

Here are some interesting charts.

Not a vote of the people and then you have some
‘faithless electors’ things can turn bad but in our history a ‘faithless elector’ has not changed the outcome of the election.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are 7 people in our state that get to make the decision for us.

Here are some interesting charts.

Not a vote of the people and then you have some
‘faithless electors’ things can turn bad but in our history a ‘faithless elector’ has not changed the outcome of the election.
I do however feel that the Popular vote is somewhat important in relationship to the Electoral vote. A Trump win on the Popular and Electoral Vote would send a clear message to DC that "we've had enough."

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You made the comment, I just think anyone who doesn't vote or won't has no skin in the game. May as well go with a monarchy if one fails to vote.

I’m not trying to convince you of anything and know there are reasonable people who think differently than me on this.

I don’t care to begin to entertain every exaggerated hypothetical that places Trump or Republicans against an inherent evil. I don’t think that either side is evil or out to destroy America.

Every four years I hear that the election is make or break for our country and that if we don’t elect a particular candidate, it would be best just to move (apparently, that has escalated to committing suicide). This urgency doesn’t ever seem to inspire presenting us with better candidates for some reason (in my opinion. I know some love Trump or Kamala. That’s fine, I’m not out to change anyone’s opinion on that).

Regardless of the outcome, as a Christian, I believe Jesus sits the throne. That provides me resounding comfort.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not trying to convince you of anything and know there are reasonable people who think differently than me on this.

I don’t care to begin to entertain every exaggerated hypothetical that places Trump or Republicans against an inherent evil. I don’t think that either side is evil or out to destroy America.

Every four years I hear that the election is make or break for our country and that if we don’t elect a particular candidate, it would be best just to move (apparently, that has escalated to committing suicide). This urgency doesn’t ever seem to inspire presenting us with better candidates for some reason (in my opinion. I know some love Trump or Kamala. That’s fine, I’m not out to change anyone’s opinion on that).

Regardless of the outcome, as a Christian, I believe Jesus sits the throne. That provides me resounding comfort.
Even Jesus took action. Last I checked Jesus was being kicked out of our schools, our capital and off TV. Funny to hear someone on a firearm forum say they trust in Jesus, yet they own firearms. I admire those with faith, but have always felt in spite of that God expects us to prevent or step up to much of what is going on and do what is best for themselves, their family and community. Good luck to you.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even Jesus took action. Last I checked Jesus was being kicked out of our schools, our capital and off TV. Funny to hear someone on a firearm forum say they trust in Jesus, yet they own firearms. I admire those with faith, but have always felt in spite of that God expects us to prevent or step up to much of what is going on. Good luck to you.
John 18:10-11. Jesus was more than a conqueror.

I vote often, in local elections, but I don’t just give away my vote in every election. That’s not apathy.

I’m not sure what gun ownership has to do with my faith.

Also, I love okshooters and respect many of the individuals who make up this community. I can live with a difference in opinion.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
John 18:10-11. Jesus was more than a conqueror.

I vote often, in local elections, but I don’t just give away my vote in every election. That’s not apathy.

I’m not sure what gun ownership has to do with my faith.

Also, I love okshooters and respect many of the individuals who make up this community. I can live with a difference in opinion.
I can as well, I just fail to understand yours, hence the questions. Do I vote for the lesser of two evils, yes! I do believe though based on comments coming from democrats and republicans that there are few that have America's best interest at heart. I cannot vote for other states, I can vote locally and occasionally nationally. The only politician I have seen who have stood up for Christians has been Trump and JD Vance, I have yet to see a single democrat do that, and many other republicans haven't. I held my nose and voted for Trump in 2016, glad I did. He proved himself. In 2020 I voted for Trump again, this is what we as a nation got:

1729612676870.png

I fear we will get more of this under a harris administration.

Last edited:

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the gun owners and Christians fail to even show up at the polls, they’ve already voted for Harris and the have failed in their individual responsibility to vote for the better person to run this country. Voting is a privilege afforded only to American citizens and if they don’t vote, they may cause all of us to lose this privilege.
One of the problems is that there are those who claim to be Christians and vote Democrat. The two do not exist.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, I’ll wait for a candidate that has the character and competency to earn my vote. I understand that not everyone agrees with that. Think I’ll skip suicide, regardless.
It's cute that you think that, but you opted in long ago. You just don't understand that fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom