If you don't vote, don't complain...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s my issue with this type of statement.

Your way of thinking has led to these Republican nominees since 2000.

Bush
Bush
Romney
McCain
Trump
Trump
Trump

In 24 years, all I have to show for listening to people like you is assault weapons aren't banned. The economy is in shambles, we’re 35 trillion in debt, and if I don’t vote for the same guy for 3 straight elections I’m the guy who should commit suicide?

24 years of the same broken promises by this party. My health insurance costs more than my mortgage and our nominee has no plan. Literally has no plan. That’s insane. My property taxes are 75% of my mortgage, and we have to homeschool because our schools are so terrible. And our party has no plan for either.

It’s not liberal policies that have led here, it’s piss poor leadership from republicans and a voting bloc that has no spine. You can blame democrats all you want, but republicans have squandered several super majorities.

I don’t agree with not voting, but being an a-hole to someone about it is dumb.
“Your way of thinking has led to these Republican nominees since 2000.

Bush
Bush
Romney
McCain
Trump
Trump
Trump”

If we didn’t vote for Bush & Trump, then Gore & Hillary would have won. If that happened, the conservative SCOTUS rulings that gave us Heller & other stronger gun rights, Dobbs, and others like the Chevron doctrine-that reduced the power of federal agencies would never have happened. The difference between life in the US under a leftist scotus vs a conservative scotus would be like day & night.

Don’t vote don’t complain is correct . If we had Gore & Hillary as winners, we would actually have something to complain about.

Last edited:

TwoShoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s my issue with this type of statement.

Your way of thinking has led to these Republican nominees since 2000.

Bush
Bush
Romney
McCain
Trump
Trump
Trump

In 24 years, all I have to show for listening to people like you is assault weapons aren't banned. The economy is in shambles, we’re 35 trillion in debt, and if I don’t vote for the same guy for 3 straight elections I’m the guy who should commit suicide?

24 years of the same broken promises by this party. My health insurance costs more than my mortgage and our nominee has no plan. Literally has no plan. That’s insane. My property taxes are 75% of my mortgage, and we have to homeschool because our schools are so terrible. And our party has no plan for either.

It’s not liberal policies that have led here, it’s piss poor leadership from republicans and a voting bloc that has no spine. You can blame democrats all you want, but republicans have squandered several super majorities.

I don’t agree with not voting, but being an a-hole to someone about it is dumb.

You aren't voting FOR someone in every one of those, you're sometimes just voting against worse policies. Voting for someone doesn't make you responsible for their policies enacted. You're not getting to "have it your way", you're getting to pick from a limited selection.

Would you like to lose your lower half of your body from the waist down, OR would you like to lose your nose and one ear? Those are often the choices.

We make those choices in hopes that someone less deep into the swamp will come along and right the ship again.

Tariffs - not a huge fan, if used he'll need to be very strategic or else we will pay the price with the economy. The risk of not voting for him out weighs the risk of harris in office.
Tariffs were HUGE on his agenda last go around. No bad effects, in fact just the opposite. People buy more US items and that drives prices down, making things more affordable. Add to that the break in fuel prices to ship good across the country and you've got a winning economy, IMHO.

My only concern this time around is the assassins getting lucky one time or freaks burning down the cities again.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is terrible that these two are the best we could have to choose from. And then the left chooses a total idiot as a potential VP. . I knew nothing about Vance, but the more I see and read about him. the better I feel about voting for Trump. My thoughts right now are that Vance will be an excellent follow up to Trump. There have been only a few elections (of any level) that I have missed, and I will be voting early again this year. Involvement is one of the major efforts we must make in order to keep this nation, the best in the world.

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They make voting so easy now you can just fill out your ballot at home and mail it in. No reason not to vote, even for the laziest among us.

If you aren't voting, just go ahead and eat that cyanide pill and make space for people that will.
Actually not that easy. You have to be registered and apply for the absentee ballot. After they are mailed to you, you have to go have your signature witnessed by a notary public and then you can mail it in.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has NEVER been a perfect candidate for any political office. Thus, one needs to vote for the candidate that is "most likely" to advocate what one believes.

No way in perdition could I vote for just about any on the Democratic Party side, especially looking at their party's "platform." There might someday be an exception, but I've not really seen it since JFK.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Morning All, saw this video and if true, I am in shock. According to what Armed Attorneys said, 35% of gun owners are not registered to vote! I get it, Trump may not be who you want, but do you really want kh to win this? 25 million votes can sway this election, we have members in TX, CO and KS as well as OK. Some of you are on other forums as well. There's still time to register to vote, encourage others on Gun Forums to vote...

Trump actually mentioned this when he headlined the NRA Convention. He appealed to gun owners to get registered to vote.

TwoShoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually not that easy. You have to be registered and apply for the absentee ballot. After they are mailed to you, you have to go have your signature witnessed by a notary public and then you can mail it in.

Actually not even that easy. You have to be birthed by parents. Then you need to grow to (presumably) 18, then enter the country legally or illegally or be born here. Then....Geez why even bother. :rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom