If you had $800 to spend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the same thing that applies to higher end guns. A $500 Rock Island 1911 will kill you just as dead and shoot just as accurate as a $1500 Colt 1911, but most people want a Colt over Rock Island. It's the pride of ownership.
I think the better analogy is a $500 Glock will kill you as dead as a $1500 Colt.

It is sort of how once quartz watches were invented they were better than old mechanical time pieces especially when it came to things like accurately keeping time.

But sometimes despite being able to have an inexpensive polymer striker fire gun that is almost guaranteed to go bang we still want to carry that old, low capacity king of the feed ramp stoppages anyway.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Wannabe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no way I would spend 800.00 on a watch. I wear a garmin that cost 150.00 and that was only because it has GPS mapping and can sync with blue tooth and all ANT+ sensors for physical training for back country hunting plus a golf feature. That 800.00 went to a new pack and muzzleloader this year!!!

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no way I would spend 800.00 on a watch. I wear a garmin that cost 150.00 and that was only because it has GPS mapping and can sync with blue tooth and all ANT+ sensors for physical training for back country hunting plus a golf feature. That 800.00 went to a new pack and muzzleloader this year!!!

I wear a Garmin 90% of the time, but have real watches because they’re cool and a Garmin just doesn’t look very good in stepping’ out attire

But I also carry a Glock 26 a lot - however lately when I’ve hit the range, it’s to shoot 1911’s and revolvers. (Still will typically put a mag or 2 through the Glock to make sure I am still on with it though)

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some Garmin's are in the $1,000 and Up range...

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/866230/pn/010-02778-14

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all priorities, I will say broke people who wear a $3,000+ watch, drive a leased BMW for $900 a month, and are drowning in debt don't impress me.

I own one very nice watch, an Omega Speedmaster my wife bought me for our wedding 15 years ago. I always loved how classic it is from James Bond to the space missions and I totally get how you could get hooked on these mechanical works of art like a classic car but I like you just have other things I'd rather put my money into especially when I just wear my several year old iWatch 99% of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom