If you had to drive a vehicle from one year only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Daily drive makes this much tougher, weather you know has an adverse effect on traction for some unknown reason. Also a car that could take the rigors of 20 years is another issue, and not getting beat up suspension wise. So, I will get grief for this. Convertible 1964 Galaxy 427 SS 4 speed R Code. Very Rare. Comfortable Ride. Big low back bucket seats. Dress it up or down for any occasion. Have to go with Blue with a black interior. Could do the same with a 1964 Vette to, except Chevy. If I had to go Mopar be a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Hemi Convertible. Maintenance costs on any of those would be a nightmare, but definitely worth the ride. BTW all of those in stock trim are low 13 high 12 second cars. All would require spark plugs and lash and leash valve adjustments on a regular basis, all would require 91 plus octane.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe I would go with a 1953 Mercury, flathead v8 and a 3 speed manual transmission with overdrive, no, electronics, super easy to change plug’s and points etc.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No speculation here. I bought this Mustang new in '89, and still have it.
Monnett 1.jpg

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most current Land Cruiser allowed

I have a Tacoma but im not a "Toyota guy" per se' --- before my experience with the Taco, i drove F-150's and love the Eco boost engines (too new for this though) , but since this is a "buy it and live with it forever " premise - i'll stick with Toyo's as i hate wrenching on things

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to maintain it yourself and drive it daily for the next 20 years. What would it be?
Well that is not a specific set of rules any make and before 1998.
I maintain all my vehicles myself.
Including front end alignments etc etc.

Did not specify how much you must drive it daily just that you must drive it.

I have driven the same cars for more years than that.

I will tell what I would not own and that is a front wheel drive V6 or V8.
I did not even like the Toronado

Latest posts

Top Bottom