If you like your m855, you can keep your m855

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's not time stand down or be at ease, it's time to double down and go on the offensive for a change:

http://rooney.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/rooney-introduces-bill-to-block-obama-administration-s-ammo-ban

http://sensenbrenner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=397697

Now, we need to get one of our Congress critters to introduce legislation to remove short barrels and suppressors from the NFA.

Make the gun grabbers play defense for a change.

I like your thinking!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's not time stand down or be at ease, it's time to double down and go on the offensive for a change:

http://rooney.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/rooney-introduces-bill-to-block-obama-administration-s-ammo-ban

http://sensenbrenner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=397697

Now, we need to get one of our Congress critters to introduce legislation to remove short barrels and suppressors from the NFA.

Make the gun grabbers play defense for a change.

Yes!!

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The weapons would still work without the M855s but they would no longer be capable of firing body-armor piercing ammo.

Nice to see Fox was still able to spin it.

Just watched the video. I don't get your point.

I don't get PBramble's point either???? Trolling???

I did like when Katie Pavlich made the point was made that AR-15's ARE NOT FULL-AUTO RIFLES! An OUT & OUT LIE that the lib dem MSM loves to perpetuate 24/7!

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150310/nra-forces-obama-to-waive-white-flag-on-proposed-ammo-ban-for-now
NRA Forces Obama to Wave White Flag on Proposed Ammo Ban … For Now
Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association (NRA) was instrumental in stalling the Obama Administration’s initial attempt to ban commonly used ammunition for the most popular rifle in America, the AR-15. The announcement that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) will suspend its proposed framework to ban M855 ammunition validates the NRA’s assertion that this effort was nothing more than a political maneuver to bypass Congress and impose gun control on the American people.

"Today’s announcement proves what we have said all along -- this was 100% political. President Obama failed to pass gun control through Congress, so he tried to impose his political agenda through executive fiat. But every gun owner in America needs to understand Barack Obama’s hatred of the Second Amendment has not changed," said Wayne La Pierre, Executive Vice President of the National Rifle Association.

Chris Cox, Executive Director of NRA-ILA criticized the dishonest campaign to ban this common ammunition: “The lies used to justify the ban were shameful. This proposal was never about law enforcement safety – it was about the Obama Administration’s desire to pander to billionaire Michael Bloomberg and his gun control groups. Since they haven’t been able to ban America’s most popular rifle, they are trying to ban the ammunition instead.”

Since the BATFE announced its plan to ban commonly used ammunition less than a month ago, the NRA rallied its five million members and tens of millions of supporters across the country in strong opposition. In addition, the NRA worked with congressional leaders in both the U.S. House and Senate to oppose this misguided proposal.

“The NRA would like to thank House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and House Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations Subcommittee Chairman John Culberson for leading the fight against this unconstitutional attack on our Second Amendment freedoms,” continued Cox. “This was a significant victory for our five million members and tens of millions of supporters across the country.

“Make no mistake, this fight is not over. We will remain vigilant and continue to fight against President Obama’s attempt to dismantle the Second Amendment,” concluded LaPierre.

© 2015 National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action. This may be reproduced. This may not be reproduced for commercial purposes. 11250 Waples Mill Rd. Fairfax, VA 22030 1-800-392-8683(VOTE)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get PBramble's point either???? Trolling???

I did like when Katie Pavlich made the point was made that AR-15's ARE NOT FULL-AUTO RIFLES! An OUT & OUT LIE that the lib dem MSM loves to perpetuate 24/7!

I can't speak to his specific point, but I've heard several false statements on FOX about M855, even from the alleged conservative bobbleheads. I think it's a matter of ignorance rather than intentional misdirection. Not one of them has actually read the LEOSA regulations, the exemption letter or an analysis of the construction of the M855 bullet. They also haven't reviewed the RFP's or TDP for M855, nor any reports on it's lack of performance in shorter barrels.

It's the same reason ALL media fails on reporting complex issues. They're nothing more than surface skimmers and the truth on this issue is far deeper than they ever trawl.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the same reason ALL media fails on reporting complex issues. They're nothing more than surface skimmers and the truth on this issue is far deeper than they ever trawl.
Having worked with reporters in a television newsroom, I fully agree with you, Glocktogo. A disturbing majority of them learned nothing in college except how to report the news. They have no knowledge of the greater world to fall back on.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oops...

xm855 gov sale funny.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom