I'm Always Printing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people definitely do not notice anything outside of their little world. However, if you are still concerned, you should try a smaller gun like a kahr. The sigma is pretty large. Another thing you can try is to wear shirts with a pattern. They hide the outline better than solid colors.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the advice already given, and if that doesn't work, you might actually try raising the holster. I know it sounds backwards, but depending on your body shape, it may work.

If you are fortunate enough to have a smallish waist, the butt is going to stick out past your body (from a side view). If you raise the holster, and therefore the grip, you are placing the grip in an area that is typically thicker (the rib cage). That may help keep the butt within your body mass from a side view and reduce printing. If my pants sag a bit, I print more; when I lift my pants back up over the hip, printing goes away.

Also, a quality belt makes a huge difference by keeping everything near you instead of flopping out from your side.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been carrying since 2000 and to be honest I just don't care anymore. I carry a FULLSIZE gun all the time. Glock/21 or Glock 22 or something similar and carry it outside the waistband in regular belt holsters, sometimes with just a T-Shirt.

You know what I've learned after 10 years?

THE ONLY ONES WHO WOULD EVEN NOTICE ARE JUST LIKE US!!!!!!!!!

it's amazing how the non-gun people are totally oblivious to what we gun people do. Seriously don't sweat it!

I've even carried one of my full-sized Glocks right in front of a OKC police officer a while back, talking to him the whole time. HE NEVER EVEN NOTICED!

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're more self-conscious of your CCW than anyone else will be. My wife has to ask me if I'm carrying and she clearly knows that I have a CCL.

Get a good stiff belt, carry it tight and you'll be fine.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've even carried one of my full-sized Glocks right in front of a OKC police officer a while back, talking to him the whole time. HE NEVER EVEN NOTICED!

Did he not notice or not care? Just an observation more gun people are paranoid about carrying/noticing people that carry than non gun people. It is not so much oblivious to their surroundings or anything like that. Some people just don't worry about things like that. Also your run of the mill random criminal which is what 90% of people would encounter are too busy being bad guys to do a detailed scan of the general area for anyone who may or may not be printing.

To the OP. Here is an idea for you if you think you are really printing. If you have a non gun enthusiast friend or relative try wearing your rig around them. If they notice then you are printing if they do not notice you are nice and concealed. Now dont try this around grandma with cataracts :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom