I'm celebrating Independence Day early!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My niece, who is a Petty Officer 1st Class/Bosun (PO1) in the U.S. Navy, aboard the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln in San Diego, is coming home this weekend, before she starts a 6 month deployment.

She's currently about a year or so in her 2nd enlistment ,and plans on making a career of it. I'm so proud of her.

I'll post some current pics of her next week, but here are a few older ones of her in her first enlistment and one with my two daughters. :heart:

FB_IMG_1634997953384.jpg

FB_IMG_1632586165426.jpg

20190302_010441.jpg

IMG954979.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enjoy your family reunion. You must be awfully proud!

More than you could possibly imagine.

This young lady is the youngest of three. Her older sister (32) has dealt with drugs and booze since she was a teenager. Even going as far as turning tricks to support her habit.

Thankfully, she's turned that around and is raising her daughter (5) and son (3). She's clean and sober and holds down a full time job. It's been a helluva journey for her. She lost custody of her 11 year old son in the process. But she's walking the line nowadays.

Her brother (30) is a different story. He's been a doper most of his adult life. Even being in so deep, he had leg breakers looking for him. He has an 8 year old son that he lost any rights to and finally got clean enough to start going to church with me.

He met a young girl, had a baby with her back in February but now he's back doing those things. I really, really wish he'd get his head on straight. He's my namesake and like the son I never had.

As for Shane'a, she said joining the navy was basically the only choice she had. She said that booze and drug abuse was obviously in her DNA and the only way she could stay clean was to join up for the discipline she needed and to get the hell out of this one-horse town and away from her family.

Yeah, I think she's gonna be alright. :thumb:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know how you feel about being proud @Glock 'em down my granddaughter will have her first two year Army enlistment in this coming Jan. and already has plans to re-up.....after basic and AIT she was sent to Romania for nine months and then was sent to Germany last month where she is now.

viv2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom