I'm drag racing tonight Thunder valley.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda low MPH for the ET isnt it? 60ft

Yes it is.
The issue is a bad harmonic I think is in the driveshaft or driveshaft angle.
It will shake your butt really well at 6000 RPM in high gear. which is before 100 MPH with 10% converter slippage and it feels like I have much more slip than that with this heavy boat.
That basically is like a head shake on a motorcycle at high speed.. you try to go faster but the harmonic will not allow it.
Then the converter just slips more and more. Pouring the coals to it but the anchor has been tossed out.
I think a 4.11 gear will be better but I do not have those for a 9" ..I do have 3.70 gears and that may help.

New drive shaft is in it.. kind of new, had it built when I put the car on the road a couple years ago and it is 3.5" diameter with spicer joints.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For about 3 weeks we have been talking about racing each other me in my 57 and him in the 2015 supercharged mustang.
I told him many times I will destroy you out of the hole and you will have to play catch up.
I also told him I may only be able to get you through the 1/8 mile as I have not played with that combo 350" with a heavy car.
No clue as to what ET it would run.

Retarded timing and high 12's makes me think retarding timing on a nitrous pass may not really kill as much ET as a dyno makes you think it will.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He wants a rematch. I talked with him this afternoon and he asked me if I can drive a stick shift :)
I said yea but you will torture a clutch coming out of the hole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom