I'm glad I don't live in Columbus, OH- newest police cadets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They did here too a long while ago. It used to be standard rule that OK Highway Patrol be 6 foot plus and I believe 200 lbs. +.
Size, although it can be intimidating, should not be a reason for hiring or not hiring someone for a job in law enforcement. I know plenty of guys who don't come close to being 6' 200 lbs. who can, and have, made very quick work subduing individuals as big as you described. As Mark Twain said, "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog". Now lowering standards based on other qualities is a totally different thing and I do not condone the practice of doing that at all.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if these are the folks that will eventually be asked kick your butt and take your guns, then be glad they are not 6' 200lbs LOL They prob have to have 5 jabs to get into the academy. :hyper:

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Size, although it can be intimidating, should not be a reason for hiring or not hiring someone for a job in law enforcement.
Exactly. Your correct, I believe intimidation factor was a reason back then. More so the fact that they almost always travel alone and like game rangers, they have larger coverage areas with less backup nearby. I want to say it ended mid to late 90's. Mostly everyone knows through the evolution of thuggery and growing disrespect that there is a lot more caps poppin' these days. Your only as good as you can stay sharp and cool headed and only as weak as your trigger control.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was highly involved in recruiting and training at my PD. I see two that might be decent officers. And yes, I can tell. #2 is a serial killer.
smiley_abused.gif

Black kid with tan pants and the white girl with the green shirt if I were a betting man.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn’t give blue shirt a gun if I’m being honest.

Looks like he’s about to drop a manifesto.

Got that shoot first look in his eyes.

Timothy McVeigh lookin’ a**.

Looks like the offspring of the Churchchrist New Zealand Mosque Shooter.

Keep him behind a desk, Columbus PD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom