In 15 minutes, I'll be unemployed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now what are you going to do lol

First off, having my first drink as a free man!!! lol

Sazerac rye, bitters and homemade sweet & sour, if anyone was wondering. ;)

Leaving the med field?

I wish... don't tempt me. lol

What's the plan moving forward (as much as you wanna share with a bunch of strangers on a public forum :wink2:)

Joining a private group, M-F, nights, weekends and holidays off. :D Starting in 2 weeks, so I plan on enjoying my little vacation. :D And the best part is, going from a 150-mile commute round trip to less than 5 minutes. Round trip.

:hot:

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds great got out of the hospital business myself well sort of. Went to OBI. Wish you the best

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. It's all about cutting back on expenses while scoring more time at home with the family. My son is turning 13 in a couple months, I want to spend some more time with him teaching him how to be a man. Lots of lessons to share, memories to make. I'm not going to be around forever, and he is growing up WAY too fast for me to keep being gone so GD'd much - no matter HOW much they pay me! Money and things can be replaced - time with your kids (and wife!) cannot. Time to prioritize the family.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, Doc! Happy for you. And, you are so right. Money is definitely not everything. There are much more important things in our lives. Good luck!

Jimgrs

New to the site!
Reaction score
Good decision. When my kids were home I worked two jobs and a lot of overtime to give my them nice things until one morning I woke up and they were gone. I don't get to see them much now and it isn't like back when they were home. The sad thing is when we are together the things they reminisce on are the simple, inexpensive things we did like go to the park, camp, and other such things. The Lord has seen fit to give me another chance and we have adopted two grand kids, a 16yo girl and a 13yo boy. We got them at 9months and 5 weeks so they are ours in every sense. I'm 65 now and I don't have the endurance I once had but I am enjoying them all I can. I retired in October so that helps. Believe me they whine for money and stuff now but they will remember the time you spent more. Congratulations

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sometimes we forget to put God & Family first in our lives. I know I have, afterall, we are human.

Congrats on your new direction and happiness in life, good luck in your new career too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom