• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

In search of an AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
I have a cousin that is wanting to get an AR-15. I just sold my last one so I couldn’t help him out there but told him I would try to find him something. He has been out of the service (Marine Corps) for 2-3 years now I think.

He told me he kind of had a budget in mind between $1,000 and $2,000 but didn’t have a preference on brand. Just wanting to see what’s out there. I’m sure ammo and other accessories are a plus. Let’s keep it in OKC area or NW Oklahoma. I don’t make it to Tulsa but would get him to tag along with me to make the purchase in OKC or elsewhere. Let me know what you have.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Does he want a store bought/company brand? Or a built one? New or Used? Does he want an M4 like he probably had in the Corps, or some fanciness he'll never shoot and sell here on the forum later? Those are important questions. With his budget, he can get a pretty good hard use gun.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
Does he want a store bought/company brand? Or a built one? New or Used? Does he want an M4 like he probably had in the Corps, or some fanciness he'll never shoot and sell here on the forum later? Those are important questions. With his budget, he can get a pretty good hard use gun.

I think he wants a store bought brand. Not a built one. New or used is fine. He said anything that will do mid range. I don’t think he wants anything super fancy cause I think he’s going to use the hell out of it.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I think he wants a store bought brand. Not a built one. New or used is fine. He said anything that will do mid range. I don’t think he wants anything super fancy cause I think he’s going to use the hell out of it.
Ok, find out what mid range is to him. Mid range is very different among folks.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I've got a Springfield Armory Saint I can get him in under budget, well dressed for slightly above his low price point. But alas that is a trip to Tulsa.

EXPERIMENT28

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
I’ve got an IWI Zion 15 posted here for $2,000. It’s got a lot of aftermarket parts, back up iron sights and an optic. I set it up exactly how I’d want my AR. Only selling cause I found my dream AR to replace it. I used the highest quality parts on it, I’d definitely trust it. Lmk.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
I’ve got an IWI Zion 15 posted here for $2,000. It’s got a lot of aftermarket parts, back up iron sights and an optic. I set it up exactly how I’d want my AR. Only selling cause I found my dream AR to replace it. I used the highest quality parts on it, I’d definitely trust it. Lmk.

if you set it up exactly how you’d want an AR wouldn’t that make this your actual dream AR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom