Info on Mosins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lots of people hunt with a Mosin. In fact, there's a show not NatGeo: "Life Below Zero" that highlights a few groups of people that live above the Arctic Circle. One of the families they follow, the Hailstones. The wife, Agnes shoots a PU sniper when she hunts Caribou and long distances.

I'd be perfectly happy to hunt with my Mosin - the only problem is being able to scope the rifle. I refuse to "bubba" a mosin, and I don't own a sniper. Iron sights on the mosins are only adequate, at best, for hunting.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of people hunt with a Mosin. In fact, there's a show not NatGeo: "Life Below Zero" that highlights a few groups of people that live above the Arctic Circle. One of the families they follow, the Hailstones. The wife, Agnes shoots a PU sniper when she hunts Caribou and long distances.

I'd be perfectly happy to hunt with my Mosin - the only problem is being able to scope the rifle. I refuse to "bubba" a mosin, and I don't own a sniper. Iron sights on the mosins are only adequate, at best, for hunting.

I watched that show a few days ago. Agnes was shooting at muskrats and coulnt hit them to save her live.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That husband and wife duo, on that show are on gunboards and they hang out in the mosin section. A mosin would do just fine for deer hunting.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta tell you, I have a mosin and bought a couple of those "scope mounts" on EBay and one wouldn't work and the other was stripped out. I guess I could go to Ace and look for a very slender bolt/nut to see if it'd mount but it's not worth the trouble unless I'm in the store anyway. I have the bent (crap can't think-I'm 70) bolt arm that seems to work very well. They are easy to disassemble and put back together. Rugged and shoot corrosive ammo unless one buys the more expensive food.

Latest posts

Top Bottom