Info on Mosins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i have shot mine at the military bolt shoots at the okcgc. i am set up to load for the gun but was shooting 83 to 90's with surplus silver tip ammo. i'm mainly there to learn a few things from the gents that have forgotten more about shooting and reloading than i'll ever know and get some trigger time. so, for now i'll just shoot my surplus up. they are accurrate enough to deer hunt with. i would feel comfy out to 150 yards with the open sights.
you will need to make the front sight post a little taller as they are designed to zero at longer distances.
also remember that you will need some soft tip ammo to hunt with. kings gun and pawn usually has a couple choices for hunting rounds that wont break the bank.
good luck and enjoy

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my 91/30 for maybe a year and picked up a M-44 a couple of weeks ago havent got to shot it yet but then really didnt buy it to shoot as much as just saying i owned one lol but it will get shot when i get a chance to got to get rid of that crate of ammo some way lol

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone should own a Mosin Nagant.

I Bought one (91/30)earlier this year when some friends wanted to do a group buy. Paid $180 for it after all the taxes/ffl/shipping. It is still in the box with all its goodies it comes with and still has cosmo. BUT, Someday I am going to take it out of the box clean it and shoot it. LOL :screwy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom