Info on Mosins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't forget the Russian women snipers during WWII. They have some kill counts that may still be records. If they've been broken it was only recently. One record I heard was 57 kills with 58 shots. Not bad stuff.

They're Russian, they don't count. Remember their mustachioed Olympic swim team in the 80's an 90's? They got more testosterone than most members here....

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a 1939 91/30 Mosin Nagant (Izhevsk Arsanal) last night. I have a feeling Im in the begining stages of a fun new addiction. I'd post pics but Im at work.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of people hunt with a Mosin. In fact, there's a show not NatGeo: "Life Below Zero" that highlights a few groups of people that live above the Arctic Circle. One of the families they follow, the Hailstones. The wife, Agnes shoots a PU sniper when she hunts Caribou and long distances.

I'd be perfectly happy to hunt with my Mosin - the only problem is being able to scope the rifle. I refuse to "bubba" a mosin, and I don't own a sniper. Iron sights on the mosins are only adequate, at best, for hunting.

I saw that. That chick with the chin tattoo is a dead-eye with a mosin. Its scoped, but so what!

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Agnes uses a genuine Mosin PU Sniper. She and her husband are members of Gunboards.com - she got that rifle off of one of the members over there. Once a year or so, we all get an ammo shipment together and send it up to them. Not only are they subsistence hunters, they really do live in the middle of nowhere, so anything that friends can do to help is great. Shipping stuff to the middle of nowhere is super expensive, so we all split the bill. ends up being just a couple bucks each, we can usually get an entire crate together (880 rounds) to send them.

Her mosin is a real beaut. Best part is that she knows how to use it and actually shoots more game than Chip does!

Latest posts

Top Bottom