Interesting Sub Forum but too Darn Serious...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you survive? (Read OP before choosing)

• Total voters

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be the loving person who would accept anyone into my home

and then kill them and take their stuff...oh and by the way, it isnt my home. Its some poor SOB who let his guard down by falling asleep and getting killed in the middle of the night by a naked man wearing a rubber Ronald Reagan mask.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, what first appeared to be a somewhat thoughtful poll question has certainly hit the skids.

Since I decided to read first before voting, now I'm undecided.

A "stay in one place" type person will eventually leave enough tracks to plainly show where one is. A "roam-around and forage" type person will leave himself in a position to be detected because he is moving, and then become "game" for the slaughter. Hermit....I hate bark for food. Townie would be subject to being robbed by all other townies because one will eventually run out of ammo in fighting them off. Beggar...can't rely on that because one would have to be around others to beg from, thus making oneself subject to a Townie with plenty of ammo. Gun for hire...again....will eventually run out of ammo unless one also forages off of others to get their ammo.

Mustard on the bu** will simply make one a "brighter" target for others.

I'd probably be a marauder because a roamer could forage off of the non-roamer's gardens, plus one could move north and south to find "greener pastures." I'd definitely stay in "fly-over" country.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice plan but too small to gain the benefits of being a townie and too large to stay invisible for long.

The 1st marauder band that comes by that's led by a guy with any real military/combat experience with followers that can half ass take orders will wipe your group off the map in a short short. Your clan may take out 1/2 their band but they won't care. They're marauders.

That evening they'll be enjoying the lamentations of your wimin (among other things), teachin yur kids the code and ways of the marauder and tossin' the dead to the wolves and dogs that follow the band around.

and marauders will be everywhere. All will come up against them scum at some point. We are secluded, well armed, and of sufficient numbers to make our stand. It will be the normal, day to day life. 'Road Warrior, 'Jericho', 'Red Dawn', 'Revolution' ........ SHTF many of us will not survive long, but some will.

Last edited by a moderator:

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grey Poupon or French's ?? :D

This is Oklahoma and we have both kinds of mustard:
Regular
media.shopwell.com_gladson_00071258021895_full.jpg

And Hot
farm2.staticflickr.com_1246_5148807368_ba6e122d8c_o.jpg

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, at first Id stick to myself and my family at a predetermined destination living off the land and vigorously defending me and mine from all the marauder types and nefarious intentioned people. Very little trust at this point.... More like no trust. If I don't know said person approaching my area, said person assumes room temp.

When things settle down a bit I'd be looking for alliances and to build a strong community.

Almost all the delusional loaner types will die alone, you'll need community to make it.

Townies might not make it past the initial panic and chaos.

Most marauder/ hired gun types will eventually be taken out by well organized communities when they get desperate enough to try to take their stuff or they will implode on themselves from power grabs, greed or desperation.

Get with family and close friends, hunker down then Stick to what made humanity thrive over the ages and you will thrive again.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really a posted choice but townie is closest. Gather as many people willing to work together as is possible because the more skill sets the better the chance of surviving. Besides someone has to sell the mustard to those crazies running around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom