International TD-4 dozer Crawler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemphill

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just helped my neighbor replace the clutch on a Komatsu dozer, that he just bought. Smaller dozers are definitely easier to work on, don’t need a hoist to lift everything. I am also an International fan. I grew up using a 1972 International 966 tractor with a front end loader on our ranch. I sent you a message.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Mid 40’s TD-4 dozer crawler. Needs a radiator and the shifter fixed. We drove it to where it sits 18 months ago. Hydraulics work and it drove fine. If you need it, come get it. Thanks. Message me
Will it move at all? Wondering how to load it. Would it need to be repaired onsite in order to get it loaded?

hemphill

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a gasoline pony motor or the same motor?
It has a lever that activates a valve to an additional combustion chamber with a spark plug. It has a carburetor with just an idle circuit. Starts on 6 volts, let warm up, throw lever and it activates diesel injection pump and shuts off spark plugs and closes valve raising compression for diesel.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OK, I have been trying to find a picture of an Internation TD4. I see a lot of T4's, TD6's TD9's but only one TD4. Were most of the mid 40's tractors used in wartime with the Seabees?

TD4

View attachment 370907

Not much of a picture.
So this not a picture of the actual dozer?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
the t4 was a gasoline engine tractor. i could be wrong but i don't think ih made a td4. it is probably a td6. it should start on gas and warm up then run on diesel. it doesn't have a pony motor like the caterpillar. i used to run td14 and td18 way back there. i don't think removing an axle from the final will work to move it but unless something is in a bind it should roll just fine. prepare for it to be heavy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom