Introducing the Glock 44!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really am starting to think a couple folks on youtube are trying to have issues with their 44s. Call me a crazy but there are a couple guys racking up hits and trashing this thing. Followed quickly by how awesome the Taurus TX22 is. I think its pretty well known by know if you don't check the first round to make sure the nose is up. It may not feed right. Pretty much every stacking 22 mag gun I have will act up especially on a full mag if that first bullet isn't in its happy place.

I am not trying to take away from the fact that 2 guns have clearly blown the #$%@ up along with one or two having extractor issues. That ain't good and I admit that when I went to the range yesterday I was hesitant to let my son shoot it. Then the reality hit me that if this thing was a bomb there would be 100 blown up ones on the net not 2.
Are you counting this one or is this #3?
58a1b82f0f1dd2a8a807c4b9cc79e137.jpg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I myself am not a brand fanboy, I am a somewhat recent .22 fanboy though.. This because of the cost of operation, if I go back 5-6 plus years the .22 was for kids.. But because I can shoot when I please and for pennies the .22 is now king.. I own the TX22 and have been quite happy with it.. Yes it had machining chatter in the barrel issues (had) but being replaced.. It came threaded, with adaptor, 16 rounds w 2 mags and aluminum slide.. I have a few brands and had a few more, if they run without issue I'll enjoy them and if not they go elsewhere .. That said, too many mfgs are beta testing.. They need to put more time into the product before releasing it.. You'll know many are guilty of it.. That or the wise man waits until a track record is established.. IMO, I think the hybrid slide was a mistake.. 1st ingredient polymer 2nd steel.. WHY ?? Anyway I don't like poo pooing on another's choice.. I have buddies that don't like CZs, buddies that don't like Kimbers, etc etc.. Right now if you offered me a LCP2 .22 or a 44 I'd take the LCP, sorry fanboy but the current track record says its the wiser move.. After improvements are made I'll have a 44.. New and improved with aluminum slide, 15 rds and threaded barrel $299.. LOL..

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I myself am not a brand fanboy, I am a somewhat recent .22 fanboy though.. This because of the cost of operation, if I go back 5-6 plus years the .22 was for kids.. But because I can shoot when I please and for pennies the .22 is now king.. I own the TX22 and have been quite happy with it.. Yes it had machining chatter in the barrel issues (had) but being replaced.. It came threaded, with adaptor, 16 rounds w 2 mags and aluminum slide.. I have a few brands and had a few more, if they run without issue I'll enjoy them and if not they go elsewhere .. That said, too many mfgs are beta testing.. They need to put more time into the product before releasing it.. You'll know many are guilty of it.. That or the wise man waits until a track record is established.. IMO, I think the hybrid slide was a mistake.. 1st ingredient polymer 2nd steel.. WHY ?? Anyway I don't like poo pooing on another's choice.. I have buddies that don't like CZs, buddies that don't like Kimbers, etc etc.. Right now if you offered me a LCP2 .22 or a 44 I'd take the LCP, sorry fanboy but the current track record says its the wiser move.. After improvements are made I'll have a 44.. New and improved with aluminum slide, 15 rds and threaded barrel $299.. LOL..

That’s a lot of words to say you’re not getting a 44 but giving praise to a pistol that had to have a minor component like the barrel replaced. I haven’t shot an LCP since I had one in 380 but it had a worse trigger than a Keltec if that’s humanly possible. Maybe the 22 is better. We have lots of choices to spend our money on. I’m liking my 44 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a lot of words to say you’re not getting a 44 but giving praise to a pistol that had to have a minor component like the barrel replaced. I haven’t shot an LCP since I had one in 380 but it had a worse trigger than a Keltec if that’s humanly possible. Maybe the 22 is better. We have lots of choices to spend our money on. I’m liking my 44 so far.

I'll have 1 in time, after any im perfections are corrected.. The AK of handguns, I have no dislike for Glock.. My praise for the TX several times is that I like it but can not speak of longivity.. It may well be short lived but as of now it runs and runs well.. Yes the LCP 380 trigger is horrendous but he .22 is far lighter, I checked it out locally and it was worlds apart.. I hope that the 44 becomes a performer, I scratch my head when it comes to the hybrid slide though..

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the gentlemen with the busted slide Kaboom has finally spoken on GT. Its one heck of an endorsement of his view of Glocks.

So I am the OP. I had posted on AR15.com and Directdrive linked it here.
Glock does have my gun. I spoke with them today. They are going to send me a new gun. Thank you Glock. I was not able to get a determination of what they found on their investigation of my gun. I will tell u that I have 100% confidence in Glock products. I even purchased another G44 after my kaboom. I have ran over 500 rounds of Cci 40 gr 36 gr and Remington golden hollowpoints. With zero I say zero problems. No FTF No FTE no problems of any kind. I personally believe that with the amount of guns manufactured its inevitable that a few come out bad. I just happened to get one. 45 years of shooting and this was my first kaboom ever I guess I was due. I will give more info when I get it from Glock. In closing, I own several Glocks and will buy several more. A Glock pistol it what I will use to defend myself if my life was on the line.

Thanks J. Gibson

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Have you shot one? Mine has close to 1000 rounds thru it with about 5 malfunctions. 90% of it has been Federal 36gr bulk pack. Must be really cold where this video was made with those gloves and coat. I’d be curious where his right thumb is on that grip. If I’m not careful I tend to ride the slide release with mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom