Introducing the Glock 44!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran my brand new G44 at the range yesterday. 1st mag had 3 FTE, 1 FTF and refuse to lock open on empty. Next 2 mags ran perfect and 4th and 5th mag each had 1 FTE. Ran Geco .22lr standard. Next range trip I plan on putting 200+ to see if the issues work themselves out.

All in all, I like the way it shoots. Comfortable grips. Gonna try some of the other backstraps to see which I like better.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put 480 more rounds through my primary one today.
It was a mix of CCI Mini-Mags and AR-Tactical. 0 issues. Both mine have heavy sights.

My friend had many FTEs and stovepipes with his stock gun using *Remington* (see below) high velocity bulk. 4-5 failures per magazine. He then ran 3 mags of AR-Tactical with no issues.

My primary gun is at 4760 rounds now. The backup is at 1070.
I’m disappointed with the ammo sensitivity but overall very happy with the gun. I have no issues paying 1/2-1 cent extra per round to ensure reliable function with the aftermarket sights.

Edit: friend me ammo was Federal not Remington. The 1100rd black pack 38g CPHP, 1260fps

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me play devils advocate here. Glock said they ran 141 different types of ammunition when testing the G44. Most people buy a 22lr to be able to stock up and use cheap ammo and get a lot of trigger time for next to nothing. If the G44 won't run bulk ammo would you call that legendary? Source- Military Arms Channel.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna wait this one out for a bit. MAC tends to harp a bit on guns he obviously doesn't like, betcha he ends up turning a corner on the Glock. He does have a point about the "legendary" comment though.

Edit: Watched the latest MAC vid. Something he's leaving out is that the Taurus has had mag and barrel issues apparently. Dunno if I'd say "completely reliable."

Last edited:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is shilling the Taurus and wants views on his channel. To put Taurus' name in the same sentence as Glock is to say your Harbor Freight tools match up with Snap-on. It just makes you look foolish you shouldn't have the two words in your mouth at the same time. TX-22 had some issues when new barrels being one of them. Taurus has a pretty good gun on its hands. Hell they have a few pretty good guns on their hands currently. With the TX-22 ,. the G2C and G2S. Still they ain't at Glock level.

As for the G44, we shot my sons yesterday. Another 250 rounds of unshootable 36gr Remington GB. My son had one FTE, myself and another adult had no issues. Also son shot 100 rounds of Aquila HV and no issues. That puts his gun around 1000 rounds with him having about 1 issue per 200 rounds. Its been flawless for me after I started paying attention to 10th round when loading mags. We were also shooting a GSG 1911-22 it had 2 or 3 failures on first round nosing up over a 150-200 rounds, and a stovepipe that I had to use the Glock cleaning rod to clear. 22s on cheap ammo are going to have issues from time to time no matter how reliable they are. If I wanted to shoot mini-mags all the time I am sure these issues would be even less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom