Is a body cam my best legal protection as a CCW Person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30 odd year ago a friend was forced to shot and kill two black PUNKS in Florida. They kicked in his RV door, and came in on him his wife and two small grand-kids. This was ruled justifiable, but he was sued by everyone that knew these punks. he won all the law suets over the next few years, but b he was forced to hire lawyers in Florida, he lived in Arkansas, and he told me WINNING cost him over $400,000.00, 30 years ago! LETTING THE PUNKS ROB THEM, IF THAT IS ALL THEY WOULD HAVE DONE, WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER?
Guess he could/should have counter sue the ones suing him for all his legal exps!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess he could/should have counter sue the ones suing him for all his legal exps!
He could have, but he would have to pay even more lawyers, to do that, then these people most likely didn't have a dime, so what could he get? Did you hear the one about the women that got on an elevator with a serial killer, a child molester and a lawyer? She only had two bullets, so she shot the lawyer twice!!! I understand the UK has a law that if someone is sued, the loser has to pay BOTH SIDES LAWYERS AND FEES! THEY DON'T HAVE MANY FRIVOLOUS LAW SUITS IN THE UK!

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my 2 cents:

Sometimes the story you tell the cops may not line up with what the video shows due to you being under stress, thoughts jumbled, etc. Then it looks like you're hiding something.

Also, videos don't always show the whole truth. I saw a video compilation of 3 LEO dash cams of the same event; the view from one cam made it look like the cops had no reason to shoot, another showed they had every reason to shoot. It depends on the angle, lighting, etc.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
my 2 cents:

Sometimes the story you tell the cops may not line up with what the video shows due to you being under stress, thoughts jumbled, etc. Then it looks like you're hiding something.

Also, videos don't always show the whole truth. I saw a video compilation of 3 LEO dash cams of the same event; the view from one cam made it look like the cops had no reason to shoot, another showed they had every reason to shoot. It depends on the angle, lighting, etc.
I was a Fire Fighter, Rescue Diver, in my previous life, and 10 people can watch a drowning victim go down, and if interviewed separately, they will invariably give 10 diffreent locations! And they are all telling the truth!

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Think (but cannot prove) that Body cam footage will exonerate Lawful use of a firearm.
Instead of a He says - He says, it becomes “The video shows”.

have purchased an inexpensive Body cam for @ $40.00. I have not received it yet, but it advertises to Loop 8 hours.

I have many other questions and points for discussion, but I will limit This post to the primary question asked in the title.
First I would say your best protection is one of the concealed carry legal plans. Even if you do everything right, if you happen to shoot the wrong person or get the wrong DA, you could have an expensive legal battle. I researched the options that were available about six years ago and decided that CCW Safe was the best plan for me.

When it comes to cameras you need to realize that they do not catch everything. You will probably see a lot more than your camera picks up and if your camera is not pointed in the right direction at the right time it may leave you hanging. Also, cameras are two-dimensional. This can limit their ability to show what you actually saw.

Perhaps one of the best uses of cameras is the audio. If you use good language, attempt de-escalation, and give appropriate warnings it can show insight into your state of mind and be very helpful. If you are not a good communicator it can also hurt you.

Just my .02 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom