Is a body cam my best legal protection as a CCW Person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to charge you after u shot someone I would make the argument you went out looking for trouble and that the body camera was your wanting a kill reel as a trophy
I can use your fallacious reasoning. If I were to charge you after u shot someone, I would make the argument that by carrying a concealed weapon you were simply out looking for trouble and wanted tho be the first kid on your block with a confirmed kill.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I can use your fallacious reasoning. If I were to charge you after u shot someone, I would make the argument that by carrying a concealed weapon you were simply out looking for trouble and wanted tho be the first kid on your block with a confirmed kill.
Many people carry concealed guns to protect themselves. It’s apparent you want to wear a body cam. I believe a jury of your peers will find that strange and perhaps falsely judge you for it. You do you and suffer the possible consequences of that decision. You don’t have to convince any of us of anything.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What we see is that you already had your mind made up before you posted here. You determined that getting, what is a cheap excuse for a body cam, is a brilliant idea. Then you came here looking, not for advice, but affirmation and a pat on the back. However, when you got the complete opposite reaction, you got butt hurt and instead of heeding the advice offered, you continue to tell us why you are right and we're all wrong. That said, it's abundantly clear you're gonna do what you're gonna do so just do it and quit trying to justify it with us while hanging around waiting and hoping someone will come along and tell you how smart you are.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a vile personal attack. What it shows is you have nothing to add to the conversation. Pretty disgusting.
Personal attack? Dafuque are you smoking?

What most of the "Reasoning I see in most posts is that the posters are afraid of being held accountable for their actions and hope that if there is no video, they can get away with it.
What I don't understand is why it is so hard to understand that if I am involved in a legal use (That's Justified for you turd kickers) If the DA decides to go after me just because he can. He will use any vile inuendo or fallacious reasoning to do so. If I have a video At least I can be sure that the video represents what actually happened. I am trying to use small words so that even the least of you can understand what seems to be a hard-to-understand idea.

Personal attack?

Look in the mirror bud.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What most of the "Reasoning I see in most posts is that the posters are afraid of being held accountable for their actions and hope that if there is no video, they can get away with it.
What I don't understand is why it is so hard to understand that if I am involved in a legal use (That's Justified for you turd kickers) If the DA decides to go after me just because he can. He will use any vile inuendo or fallacious reasoning to do so. If I have a video At least I can be sure that the video represents what actually happened. I am trying to use small words so that even the least of you can understand what seems to be a hard-to-understand idea.
You asked for opinions. I gave you my opinion-- several reasons I thought were pretty valid.

You're clearly much smarter than most here. So, I'm going to reverse myself and agree with @Rez Exelon. You should strap that camera on before you ever venture out with a firearm. Upon further reflection, it's really the only prudent thing to do. No one will think you are crazy at all. Good luck!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
At the start of this thread, with your header as the identifier, you ask this:

"Is a body cam my best legal protection as a CCW Person?"​

I Think (but cannot prove) that Body cam footage will exonerate Lawful use of a firearm.
Instead of a He says - He says, it becomes “The video shows”.

have purchased an inexpensive Body cam for @ $40.00. I have not received it yet, but it advertises to Loop 8 hours.

I have many other questions and points for discussion, but I will limit This post to the primary question asked in the title.

This post is seeking input from my fellow gun owners on how to best meet the legal challenges sure to accrue after a Legal use of force incident.
I think we both agree that the Anti-gun element in our country will use any insane rational to demonize Guns in general and use of guns in lawful self-defense in particular.
You state you are asking for input, but when people gave their honest opinion, you pretty much shat on everyone. You had your mind made up and wanted a slap on the back or something or affirmation that you're fckin smart or something.

Piss Poor assumption👆
This is Oklahoma...read OK laws regarding this. You might be enlightened but I doubt it. . So we're all turd kickers because we don't want to film ourselves getting in a gunfight? You're a douche.
Let's see if you have more big words than vile, innuendo, and fallacious...musta done a Webster's check before posting.
This is something that Ricco or mavs would post...serious DB trolling

BTW, here's the smallest word you'll encounter: 🖕

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to say straight up that this statement is not directed towards anybody, it's just a personal observation from your 'friendly big-box retail worker'. Almost everyone that I notice (and it's more than you might think) that are wearing 'recording devices' in a store tend to be off the rails bonkers!

And that's all I've got to say 'bout that..........

:twocents:

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya, that would probably be used by some prosecutor.

I have to ask, did you pay attention to the Kyle rittenhouse case at all? Anything they can use against you, they will. A body cam is just there to be as witness against you and will be reviewed frame by frame to prove you did wrong. An encounter that may take 30 seconds will be reviewed for weeks to prove you murdered the other person

Latest posts

Top Bottom