Is a body cam my best legal protection as a CCW Person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This post is seeking input from my fellow gun owners on how to best meet the legal challenges sure to accrue after a Legal use of force incident.
I think we both agree that the Anti-gun element in our country will use any insane rational to demonize Guns in general and use of guns in lawful self-defense in particular.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I am hearing is a bunch of Ad Hominin attacks meant to discredit the man rather than the argument. Why you decided to "Waste everyone's time" with baseless arguments I am not sure.
If your only argument is calling names please do everyone a favor and refrain from posting until you have something to add to the matter under disscussion.

I remember a shooting in Tulsa years ago (71 YO retired Security officer 41 YO Much more physically fit male charging screaming "I'll end you!" I fthe older man had a video of the younger man's actions could it have made any difference in the legal outcome. The honest answer is maybe.

About whining about my post "Wasting your time, Don't be such a snow flake. Nobody forced you to read any of this. Possibly I acidently used Triggering words or phrases ( Micro agression?)

Let me appologise and say now I never meant to hurt anyones feelings.
You have already been provided with numerous reasons explaining why you shouldn't do it. It doesn't make sense to repeat what others have already said, especially since you have already decided it's what you want to do.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I am hearing is a bunch of Ad Hominin attacks meant to discredit the man rather than the argument. Why you decided to "Waste everyone's time" with baseless arguments I am not sure.
If your only argument is calling names please do everyone a favor and refrain from posting until you have something to add to the matter under disscussion.

I remember a shooting in Tulsa years ago (71 YO retired Security officer 41 YO Much more physically fit male charging screaming "I'll end you!" I fthe older man had a video of the younger man's actions could it have made any difference in the legal outcome. The honest answer is maybe.

About whining about my post "Wasting your time, Don't be such a snow flake. Nobody forced you to read any of this. Possibly I acidently used Triggering words or phrases ( Micro agression?)

Let me appologise and say now I never meant to hurt anyones feelings.
Curious what you'll say to the numerous people questioning why you are wearing a body cam on a daily basis?

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If being recorded during a use of force incident is a concern, why not work where there are lots of cameras? They even toss in a logo shirt and badge!

03F25401-A033-4DDB-953E-B2E192DC786B.jpeg

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If being recorded during a use of force incident is a concern, why not work where there are lots of cameras? They even toss in a logo shirt and badge!

View attachment 312624
Damn good money right there and benefits. That's WAY better than any small rural agency I've ever heard of.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Think (but cannot prove) that Body cam footage will exonerate Lawful use of a firearm.
Instead of a He says - He says, it becomes “The video shows”.

have purchased an inexpensive Body cam for @ $40.00. I have not received it yet, but it advertises to Loop 8 hours.

I have many other questions and points for discussion, but I will limit This post to the primary question asked in the title.
If you were forced to shot someone, guess who would hold you trial in the court of public opinion, the one that counts! The lap dog news media would do what they always have done, what ever the boss that pays their salary tells them to do! 100 years ago the black guy was always WRONG, today the WHITE GUY IS!

Kimber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What most of the "Reasoning I see in most posts is that the posters are afraid of being held accountable for their actions and hope that if there is no video, they can get away with it.
What I don't understand is why it is so hard to understand that if I am involved in a legal use (That's Justified for you turd kickers) If the DA decides to go after me just because he can. He will use any vile inuendo or fallacious reasoning to do so. If I have a video At least I can be sure that the video represents what actually happened. I am trying to use small words so that even the least of you can understand what seems to be a hard-to-understand idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom