Is a body cam my best legal protection as a CCW Person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
My belief is that if I am acting in a lawful manner I have less to fear from the truth as shown by the video than someone who is acting in an unlawful manner.
The presumption in my original post is that My actions are lawful.
I believe you have your mind made up. If that's the case, and you aren't going to return the camera, good luck to you. I hope it all works out if by an unfortunate chance you get put into a situation where your video is used in a court of law.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My belief is that if I am acting in a lawful manner I have less to fear from the truth as shown by the video than someone who is acting in an unlawful manner.
The presumption in my original post is that My actions are lawful.
It's apparent you think you have all the answers so I have to wonder. Why did you bother asking the question if you already had your mind made up about what you're going to do? All you've done is waste our time.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhh, no. As has been stated, LEO, yes, civilian, no. I would have given my left nut to have that technology. I had to settle for a hit n miss voice activated mini cassette tape recorder which saved my ass several times.

You do remember the Kyle Rittenhouse video? They slowed it down to a frame by frame, "Here is what happened here, and this is what you did, what were you thinking about right there at this frame?" "Why didn't you do this or this instead?"

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about a gun mounted camera? You know, the one that shows how you were "aiming" at the BG and weren't aiming at the 5 year old girl you killed.
What I'm getting from this is the OP is a wannabe cop who plans (or already is) going to go out looking for trouble and then, if and when he finds it, he hopes having a body cam will justify his actions.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will "A Lawyer" (District attorney?) take the angle that carrying a concealed weapon is evidence that I am looking for an altercation? Maybe to both questions.
I hope that video evidence that I repeatedly tried to disengage and deescalate before being forced to defend myself would carry more weight.

Your statement that "Your average citizen will never get in an altercation" is questionable and would seem to argue against Lawful Carry. "You'll never get into an alteration."

I pray every day that I'll never get into an alteration.
I hope that if I am so unfortunate, 2 things. First that I survive. Second that I survive the legal S storm I feel will be the sure result of such an encounter.

The reason for this post is seeking input on how to survive the latter.
It might just be me but it sounds like you're planning on getting into something.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think of this in making your decision.

"Anything you say (and do) can and WILL be used against you in can court of law"

As they say in the movies, "Justice wields a double edged sword. It can cut in either direction"

A video can prove you innocent or guilty. I remember when dash cams were installed in police cars that I was apprehensive about it because my first thought was that it would only be used against the officers. The camera was always in my mind with every contact i made and I always made sure to be on my best behavior. There was only one complaint against me and the dash cam proved me innocent.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lawyer and media will paint you as a crazy with a gun and a camera wanting to shoot somebody and record it. leave the cam home.

Kimber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I am hearing is a bunch of Ad Hominin attacks meant to discredit the man rather than the argument. Why you decided to "Waste everyone's time" with baseless arguments I am not sure.
If your only argument is calling names please do everyone a favor and refrain from posting until you have something to add to the matter under disscussion.

I remember a shooting in Tulsa years ago (71 YO retired Security officer 41 YO Much more physically fit male charging screaming "I'll end you!" I fthe older man had a video of the younger man's actions could it have made any difference in the legal outcome. The honest answer is maybe.

About whining about my post "Wasting your time, Don't be such a snow flake. Nobody forced you to read any of this. Possibly I acidently used Triggering words or phrases ( Micro agression?)

Let me appologise and say now I never meant to hurt anyones feelings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom