Is the NRA anti opencarry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegomezclan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering this because I get email alerts from them and not once did I read about Oklahoma's opencarry bills and them asking members to call their state reps. The same thing happened in Texas last year when they where trying to get opencarry there. This is one of the reason why did not renew my membership with them.

B

Bill Mac

The NRA is/has become as politically irrelevent as the Brady Bunch.IMHO
I believe it was in this thread that I read that the NRA is a self-sustaining, big business organization that really cannot afford to support a world without any gun laws where every citizen has the truly inalienable right and privilege to carry a weapon without any form of harassment or government intervention. Then again, it may have been in the JPFO web site that I posted about. Think about it...if there were no more need for watchdogs against Government intervening in our privileges to carry and use weapons, where would all of the no longer needed NRA, NRA-ILA, etc. employees, directors, supporting organization, and the like go to work? I think it really is a statement on Capitalism that those who oppose something only oppose it so far as it allows them a reason to keep existing. They don't really want it to go away totally. Also, the NRA probably trusts that Oklahomans and Texans are so embedded in preserving our rights that they don't need to mobilize us against something that is not a threat to their existence. I would love to keep my NRA dues in my pocket each year but until there is a true New World Order that negates their existence, which is not probable, I'll keep supporting them.

F

fredkrueger

I don't think they are. But this may not be an issue where they feel they need to tell us to write our congressman. The NRA offers many good benefits to me so I will keep supporting them. Who else is going to figh for our rights?

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The NRA gets most of its support from mainstream gun owners. Duck hunters and such. Fringe issues such as open carry and machine guns they are willing to let die as a show of their willingness to compromise. They are an important and powerful organization that needs our support but they are only a mainstream group.

Just a couple of years ago they completely dropped the ball on the issue of regulations on shipping of Black Powder. Had other groups not jumped in the black powder sport would not be with us.

Michael

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The NRA gets most of its support from mainstream gun owners. Duck hunters and such. Fringe issues such as open carry and machine guns they are willing to let die as a show of their willingness to compromise. They are an important and powerful organization that needs our support but they are only a mainstream group.

Michael

^^This, plus Oklahoma is a VERY pro gun state.The NRA's resources are better spent in "less gun friendly" states.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled the plug on my NRA membership several years ago. They're all about taking your money and only willing to fight for the most mediocre of causes.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled the plug on my NRA membership several years ago. They're all about taking your money and only willing to fight for the most mediocre of causes.

And sending dozens and dozens of spam mail flyers unrequested to my mailbox.

I hate spam mail and I hate companies that spam mail me.

NRA now falls into this category. I get multiple items every month from them, and with every unsolicited communication they fall lower on my list. Nowadays anything that has the NRA logo on it goes directly in the trash.

I would wonder where they got my information, but the only thing I can think of is a vendor online sold it to them.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And sending dozens and dozens of spam mail flyers unrequested to my mailbox.

I hate spam mail and I hate companies that spam mail me.

NRA now falls into this category. I get multiple items every month from them, and with every unsolicited communication they fall lower on my list. Nowadays anything that has the NRA logo on it goes directly in the trash.

I would wonder where they got my information, but the only thing I can think of is a vendor online sold it to them.

Exactly why I let my membership expire...
They spent more on postage and materials than I spent on my membership!

Latest posts

Top Bottom