Is the NRA anti opencarry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NRA is who asked Sykes to draft this legislation, as well as the SB1760 legislation. I've received several alerts from the NRA related to both of these bills

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And sending dozens and dozens of spam mail flyers unrequested to my mailbox.

I hate spam mail and I hate companies that spam mail me.

NRA now falls into this category. I get multiple items every month from them, and with every unsolicited communication they fall lower on my list. Nowadays anything that has the NRA logo on it goes directly in the trash.

I would wonder where they got my information, but the only thing I can think of is a vendor online sold it to them.

And now SPAM phone calls. It took 3 weeks of telling the phone rep calling me to remove me from their call list before I finally stopped getting them - some as late as 9 at night.

OH... you can call the NRA toll free customer number and tell 'em to take you off their mailing lists. I did that years ago and haven't gotten squat in the mail since then. Before I did that I got weekly requests for money.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Could you name one, please. Seriously.
Their main benefit to us is that on the issues they do decide to throw their support behind they are a power to be reckoned with. I feel I would be shooting myself in the foot to withhold my support from them. This is why instead of dropping my support for them I simply support other groups while remaining a member of the NRA. The NRA is still the gorilla in the room that politicians are wary of.

Michael

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering this because I get email alerts from them and not once did I read about Oklahoma's opencarry bills and them asking members to call their state reps. The same thing happened in Texas last year when they where trying to get opencarry there. This is one of the reason why did not renew my membership with them.
The NRA does not support everything i want, but I usually support everything the NRA wants. In other words, they are incomplete, and not perfect, but they are an important part of our "team".

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O/P I think you might check your SPAM filter or something. I got this just yesterday. Here's a cut & paste.

Senate Bill 1733 is an omnibus firearm bill containing significant improvements to Oklahoma gun laws including open carry. This bill contains several important provisions, including language prohibiting persons, property owners and companies from banning ammunition in locked vehicles; removal of the “immediate notification” requirement when a permit holder is stopped by a law enforcement officer and instead changing it to notification at “first opportunity” while also reducing the associated fine for non-compliance; a provision to allow people to carry firearms openly on their private property; and revisions to the current Oklahoma statute striking the word “concealed” from Oklahoma firearm permit citations and applying the lawful open carrying of firearms to Oklahoma's firearms preemption law. Additionally, this legislation, if signed, will allow military personnel stationed outside Oklahoma to obtain an Oklahoma permit.

Senate Bill 1743, also known as the “Landowner’s Hunting Freedom Act”, was passed by the Senate conference committee yesterday and will be sent to the Senate floor. This bill also awaits a hearing by the House conference committee before it can be sent to the House floor for final approval. SB 1743, authored by state Senator Steve Russell (R-45) and state Representative Leslie Osborn (R-47), would allow Oklahoma landowners and their guests to use lawfully-possessed suppressors (also referred to as silencers) on firearms for hunting. This legislation is particularly important as noise complaints are being used more frequently as an excuse to close shooting ranges, informal shooting areas, and hunting lands throughout the country. Increased use of suppressors will help eliminate many of these complaints and protect hunting and shooting areas well into the future. Most importantly, it will help protect hunters’ hearing. For more information on firearms and suppressors, click here.

Please contact your state Senator and urge him or her to support Senate Bill 1743. Contact information for your state legislators can be found by clicking here.

Emphasis is mine. I've been getting pretty regular email like this over the last month and especially in the last couple of weeks.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA does not support everything i want, but I usually support everything the NRA wants. In other words, they are incomplete, and not perfect, but they are an important part of our "team".

Yeah... I love getting harassed for money routinely by another member of my "team".

O/P I think you might check your SPAM filter or something. I got this just yesterday. Here's a cut & paste.

Emphasis is mine. I've been getting pretty regular email like this over the last month and especially in the last couple of weeks.

God forbid they ever get my email address... My head might explode from all the spam they'll send me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom