Is the NRA anti opencarry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whether or not we love or hate the NRA we still need them. The anti's would love for us to withhold support from them. I would like to suggest that everyone keep supporting them and at the same time support other groups that, while less powerful, offer support for the other values we support that the NRA ignores.

Michael

F

fredkrueger

I am a life member of the NRA. I don't always agree with their policies. However they do represent my thoughts on political agendas 90% of the time.
I totally agree with this statement. Like most big businesses, all of them have some flaws. Some have bigger flaws than others but I don't believe that the NRA has any more than anyone else. I know for a fact that anti-gun activists would love for the NRA to not exist. While they do some things that they shouldn't do to us, I think that in the long run they DO have my best interests at heart. I will continue to support them as long as they keep fighting for my 2A rights. I think that we should all support them. There are things that they have done to me that I don't think they should have done but I am not going to let that be what makes my membership lapse.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are right in that the NRA is pretty much necessary and a force to be reckoned with...
But, I don't see how my $35 a year can possibly help when they spend at least $50 a year (presumably) to flood my freakin' mailbox with solicitations.
If I cared to donate, I know where to find 'em. If I wanted to purchase a particular product or service, I'm pretty sure it's just a few clicks away.
Personally, I just don't need or appreciate the harassment when all I tried to do was support their cause to support mine.
All that being said, I do sincerely appreciate their existence. But I'll be damned if they get another nickle from me unless they make some major changes in the way they operate.
Having meetings in non-'gun friendly' places being one of them.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Think about it like this. From what I have seen the membership of the NRA pretty much echoes the beliefs of the membership on this board. We have members here who are totally against full auto or even silencers. If not adamantly against them they would at the very least be willing to compromise them away if it meant they could keep their duck guns and deer rifles. You only have to look at the recent posts regarding open carry to see how many here believe that others should not be able to exercise a right that they consider to be outside the mainstream.

We at times are our own worst enemies.

Michael

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all of you that don't want to receive the junk mail from them, call their customer service number on your card, and let them know you don't want the junk mail.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all of you that don't want to receive the junk mail from them, call their customer service number on your card, and let them know you don't want the junk mail.

I have multiple times. I finally gave up because it's a waste of my time and it's not my problem if they are wasting their money. It all goes in the "firestarter" pile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom