Is the Ruger Mini-14 Obsolete?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck! I had to think twice to come up with my pastor’s last name and we’ve been going there since June, 2020. 😉

These type of threads always end up in a back and forth “I know you are but what am I” argument.

According to Merriam-Webster

obsolete​

1 of 2

adjective

ob·so·lete ˌäb-sə-ˈlēt
ˈäb-sə-ˌlēt

Synonyms of obsolete
a
: no longer in use or no longer useful
an obsolete word

b
: of a kind or style no longer current : OLD-FASHIONED

I’d say if supplying a military with small arms I’d likely agree the Mini 14 could be called “obsolete” and certainly wouldn’t be my first choice but I sure as heck wouldn’t say it’s “no longer useful”.

Edit: The thought just crossed my mind that comparing a Mini 14 with an AR is really apples and oranges. To my knowledge the Mini was never issued by any military which then begs the question “obsolete” in what sense and in comparison to what? 🤷🏼‍♂️
The Royal Bermuda regiment uses it as well as the French Gendarmeire

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One good thing, old Hannibal made it cool to smoke cigars again, a trend that has lasted and lasted! If only Ruger had made the Hannibal commemorative cigar, after all no one expects a cigar to be accurate, and they seldom malfunction or break! 😆

Man! Some free New Balance shoes??? If I had only had that opportunity, I'd be a mini fan, instead of the dour, bitter, burnt out hulk I have become. 😢

1705962684635.png

PLUS

1705962751862.png

EQUALS

1705962894896.png

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do think that a picture of a cigar, shoehorned (see what i did there?)in between the mini and the happy ending girl, would also have worked... might even say it would have been presidential!

Latest posts

Top Bottom