Is the Ruger Mini-14 Obsolete?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang! Stay out of a thread for a couple days thinking how much more can be squeezed from it and I’m amazed at you folk.
Great job!!

Clap-in-face GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
That's what I thought. Grown men arguing over which POS rifle is better than the other Mattel toy POS rifle. Ruger had some great designs, and the Mini was one, too bad they didn't have a machinist in the shop that could make something, and then that Colt Ar, aluminum is such a beautiful thing to make a rifle out of, no need to blue it, just hit it with a rattle can, and how about those plastic stocks, they don't need no stinking checkering, and the forend comes complete with aluminum foil just in case you want a baked potato. And that 5.56 Pow R House round, if the enemy is 500 yds away wearing a heavy coat, lay low, you might piss him off and he will shoot back with something that could hurt you. What a bunch of whiners and bedwetters we have become. The M1 Garand was credited with winning world war 2, nobody will credit the M16 with anything, the M14 is a beautiful and deadly rifle, and the Washington p*ssy's replaced it with the M16, it's as much of a joke as they are. But they did come up with cute slogans to justify the stupidity like, a wounded army is a slow army, and let's win some hearts and minds, it's like millinials are running the war dept. Nothing makes a statement like a battlefield littered with corpses at the hands of well trained rifleman armed with rifles that can do the job with one round. Hell, I'd rather use my 1886 winchester, you have to be a man with a tight ******* just to pick it up, and back in those days you looked the enemy over, picked out the man in charge and put 275 grains of lead in his chest and his friends picked up their toys and left. No need for high cap mags and flash hiders and hoochi gucci bullsh*t.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Grown men arguing over which POS rifle is better than the other Mattel toy POS rifle. Ruger had some great designs, and the Mini was one, too bad they didn't have a machinist in the shop that could make something, and then that Colt Ar, aluminum is such a beautiful thing to make a rifle out of, no need to blue it, just hit it with a rattle can, and how about those plastic stocks, they don't need no stinking checkering, and the forend comes complete with aluminum foil just in case you want a baked potato. And that 5.56 Pow R House round, if the enemy is 500 yds away wearing a heavy coat, lay low, you might piss him off and he will shoot back with something that could hurt you. What a bunch of whiners and bedwetters we have become. The M1 Garand was credited with winning world war 2, nobody will credit the M16 with anything, the M14 is a beautiful and deadly rifle, and the Washington p*ssy's replaced it with the M16, it's as much of a joke as they are. But they did come up with cute slogans to justify the stupidity like, a wounded army is a slow army, and let's win some hearts and minds, it's like millinials are running the war dept. Nothing makes a statement like a battlefield littered with corpses at the hands of well trained rifleman armed with rifles that can do the job with one round. Hell, I'd rather use my 1886 winchester, you have to be a man with a tight ******* just to pick it up, and back in those days you looked the enemy over, picked out the man in charge and put 275 grains of lead in his chest and his friends picked up their toys and left. No need for high cap mags and flash hiders and hoochi gucci bullsh*t.

Signed up for all the

“Tell me more about that paw paw!”

And. “I party with Lorne Greene too!” Quips

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gen Curtis Lemay: Big ole cigar and all...
View attachment 447789

From: Remembering The Air Force General Who Helped Usher In The M16 Rifle

I know it's odd to produce facts instead of just emotional rhetoric and irrational stubbornness, but that's just the way I am. Well, ok...I can be irrationally stubborn at times. Then again, all my imaginary friends (whose last names I know) know how to clean and maintain their rifles. And they never fell victim to drug runners on the high seas.

RickN...did you work for the Ordnance Dept back in the early 60s? These shenanigans sound a lot like you:

And that was almost 60 years ago. The rifle is stronger, more accurate, more reliable and more versatile and adaptable than ever before. It's hands-down the most popular rifle in the country with some 25 million in private hands. No other semi-auto rifle even comes close.

And BTW... Still not freaking out and my panties are on straight.

I will admit I've never done a 5000 round torture test on an FN49, though.
He would have been a great vice president.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds-kinda-familiar-v0-5n5ul80i8adc1.jpeg

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
275 grains of lead? Mighty light for an 86 round. Oh wait it might be in the effeminate 40-65 Winchester round. Kinda like a mini 14, a more effeminate version of a real rifle. 🤣
Yeah, I have the effeminate 40-65, but it would still hurt. And on the Mini 14, remember it was Mr. T's favorite rifle, so it has that going for it.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually love the old 86 in ANY caliber! I got a 45-90 with the 28" barrel made in 1888. It is a blast to shoot!
As for Mr. T he couldn't even pronounce his own, albeit foreshortened name, let alone discern fine firearms! When he said I want the Mini...... He really ment the one that Ventura had in Predator!!! But they couldn't understand him!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well if hyperbole was money you'd be a f*****g millionaire...