Is there a good piston ar out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WCMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok i new on here and im sure this is an old topic but oh well, i need some 2nd opinions. ive been dng a little researech on piston ar and there seems to be alot of them coming out now. i plan on kinda waiting around leting the competition fall into place and see which one is the best in price and quality. nothing against di guns but i just dont mind handling around the extra wieght. But, i know sme piston ar have a carrier tilt problem ( herd and seen pics the ruger sr 556 does this) but seen the hk 416 on fututre weapons which was awesome , any news on a civilian model?? also been hereing good things bout LWRC,POF,and the sig55x series. although the sig isnt really an ar or ive herd that anyway. Opinions??? thanks.

WCMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real question is good for what?

I thing I saw one that would work really well for pounding in fence posts! :yikes2:

I guess your a DI guy. i have actually been looking into both. but i herd the piston has a little more wieght up front so you misght be able to stay on target a little easier. but the di wieghs less so u can swing it around to target better. I know the bolt carrier stays cleanier and cooler on the piston but the di has no carrier tilt problem.
whats your opinion on the pros and cons of the two?

N3TD3ViL

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess your a DI guy. i have actually been looking into both. but i herd the piston has a little more wieght up front so you misght be able to stay on target a little easier. but the di wieghs less so u can swing it around to target better. I know the bolt carrier stays cleanier and cooler on the piston but the di has no carrier tilt problem.
whats your opinion on the pros and cons of the two?

Go to your local Walmart or Target and pick up an issue of the latest Guns & Ammo. The current issue is dedicated to the AR-15 rifle. The brands reviewed are:
  • DPMS
  • Larue
  • Les Baer
  • LWRCI
  • Para USA
  • POF USA
  • Rock River
  • Ruger
  • Safety Harbor
  • Sig Sauer
  • Smith & Wesson
  • Spike's Tactical
  • STAG Arms

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There is a cmmg one for sale at accurate iron, brand new for under a grand. That would be a great one!
Btw, it is not mine. I was just talking to mikey the other day and he showed the rifle to me.

M

Latest posts

Top Bottom