Is there a range that will allow you to shoot military surplus ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tbarg

I am in Okc and went to H&H the other day with a friend to shoot his new AR15. As most of you know they would not let us shoot the ammo once he ran a magnet over it. Are there any outdoor ranges that allow you to shoot steel ammo? I am interested in buying a Mosin and it appears that all ammo for it is steel as well.

Thanks in advance,

Travis

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
most all of them, since your shooting into dirt instead of a metal backstop. about the only rule they may have would be against shooting the metalic silhouettes. should be no problem paper punching.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Canadian Ranges AKA Banner range.
It is 1.5 miles west of Banner Rd. on Jensen Rd AKA 23rd street. Jensen is about .5 miles South of I-40.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heartland Outdoors in Edmond is an indoor range that will let you shoot whatever you want: Milsurp, steel core, etc. That's where I go to shoot surplus ammo through my Mosin Nagant and AK.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heartland Outdoors in Edmond is an indoor range that will let you shoot whatever you want: Milsurp, steel core, etc. That's where I go to shoot surplus ammo through my Mosin Nagant and AK.

Really? I've never tried, but I'm sure I've heard them say no steel-core ammo more than once. Not arguing you, I just thought they didn't allow steel-core or shotguns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom