Is this a scam? I'm remembering why I chose NOT to join Falsebook for decades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to preface this posting as an almost duplicate from one I replied to earlier this morning. Almost the same picture and that listing is gone. I have been screwing with these guys all frikkin day. Slow responses and insisting upon a phone number "so my husband can talk to you" crap instead of an address or meet up.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/989808939131829/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:18845fbc-800e-4035-8512-bc5e0f81fb9d

1718819127407.png

1718819142649.png

You named the group Snattlerake · Black stone.
You changed the group photo.

You sent​

Is this available? I'll take it if it is still available. What is your address, or do you want to meet somewhere?

Enter

Israel​

Israel Hernandez

Yes, are you interested?

You replied to Israel​

Original message:
Yes, are you interested?

Yes. I hate this slow app response. It is so confusing.

You sent

What is your address or do you want to meet?
Israel

Israel Hernandez

Ok ,,Can I call you?

You sent​

I am skeptical about giving personal information on these transactions. You don't know me, I don't know you. I want to give you $40 for a griddle and come and get it or meet you at a public place. Your choice.

10:44 AM​

You sent​

I have things to do. I cannot sit by and wait on your response. Do you want to sell it or not? I'm not being hard nosed I just want an honest answer. If not, have a good day.
Israel

Israel Hernandez

okay , if you interested please give me your cell and my husband will talk to you.

You sent​

I am not giving out my phone number. That is not advised by facebook unless you know the person. We will meet or I will pick it up at an address I can drive to. Again, your choice. If you insist upon a phone number, this is over with and me and my money are gone. Hoping to hear from you ASAP.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep scam. I've bought somel stuff on there but you definitely need to filter through some crap to get there.

I also have to acknowledge that I likely appear as a scammer on there too. Recent account, no pics and no friends.

I'm only there to browse marketplace.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to preface this posting as an almost duplicate from one I replied to earlier this morning. Almost the same picture and that listing is gone. I have been screwing with these guys all frikkin day. Slow responses and insisting upon a phone number "so my husband can talk to you" crap instead of an address or meet up.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/989808939131829/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:18845fbc-800e-4035-8512-bc5e0f81fb9d

You named the group Snattlerake · Black stone.
You changed the group photo.

You sent​

Is this available? I'll take it if it is still available. What is your address, or do you want to meet somewhere?

Enter

Israel​

Israel Hernandez

Yes, are you interested?

You replied to Israel​

Original message:
Yes, are you interested?

Yes. I hate this slow app response. It is so confusing.

You sent

What is your address or do you want to meet?
Israel

Israel Hernandez

Ok ,,Can I call you?

You sent​

I am skeptical about giving personal information on these transactions. You don't know me, I don't know you. I want to give you $40 for a griddle and come and get it or meet you at a public place. Your choice.

10:44 AM​

You sent​

I have things to do. I cannot sit by and wait on your response. Do you want to sell it or not? I'm not being hard nosed I just want an honest answer. If not, have a good day.
Israel

Israel Hernandez

okay , if you interested please give me your cell and my husband will talk to you.

You sent​

I am not giving out my phone number. That is not advised by facebook unless you know the person. We will meet or I will pick it up at an address I can drive to. Again, your choice. If you insist upon a phone number, this is over with and me and my money are gone. Hoping to hear from you ASAP.
I use FB marketplace. I tell them I like to use text for faster responses so I do give my number. That said I tell them to use text as I don’t answer calls I don’t know. I also like things wrote down so I don’t have to for addresses and meet up locations.

So far I haven’t been scammed or messed with. Everything worked out for me with FB marketplace.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
People really piss me off. Thieves deserve their own special hell. I can understand murders of some kinds. Some people just need killing, but thieves? Nope. Can't stand them.

Is there a place to report this scam?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I subscribe to “if it sounds too good to be true, it more than likely is” philosophy and am rarely wrong.
I have no problem giving out my phone number, but I’m damn sure not giving out my address OR going to some random address I don’t know. If you’re willing to go to a random address given to you by an unknown marketplace seller, it seems silly to be hung up on not giving out your phone number. :scratch:

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sell alot on facebook marketplace. I post the ad, get a response, then I research their facebook page to see if legit.
When they want my numbers etc, I tell them meet me at Yukon PD parking lot what time? That will weed out the scammers.
I have two sales this week and the women feel safer having the transaction at the YPD.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sell alot on facebook marketplace. I post the ad, get a response, then I research their facebook page to see if legit.
When they want my numbers etc, I tell them meet me at Yukon PD parking lot what time? That will weed out the scammers.
I have two sales this week and the women feel safer having the transaction at the YPD.
Exactly what I do. At the PD parking lot in front. I ain't gonna be robbed over something stupid.

I shut down the chat and I am thinking about reporting him.

I was watching The First 48 on TV last night. They were chasing a killer who was just driving around at night randomly killing and robbing people. He had about 25 under his belt when they got him. I think it was an Ohio PD, not the usual Tulsa, OK show.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be a scam. Could be legit.

People buy those and don’t use them, then open them up to see rust and just decide to unload them.
I’m a member of a couple FB Blackstone groups. And I see guys buying them like that and cleaning them up to use all the time.

Plus occasionally one of malfunctions, regulator problem or maybe wasp nest in the burner and people are too dumb to fix it. My regulator was too high to be able to cook on a low setting that didn’t burn everything. Bought an adjustable regulator off amazon and it’s working great.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from another facebook sale at the Yukon PD. Young lady, 2 minutes, done!

Latest posts

Top Bottom