Is this a scam? I'm remembering why I chose NOT to join Falsebook for decades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
HA!
Here is a picture of the OKC griddle I replied to first this morning that was posted an hour before I replied. He asked if I was interested after I said I would take it and to give me an address.

The dude's name was Greg and he ghosted me after my response. Now it is from Mena, AR. posted a day ago.

1718818556233.png

Same two spatulas and same Little Tykes car in the same garage.

busterheiney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A big red flag on marketplace to look for is to look at their other listings. On vehicles that seem to be way underpriced, they usually have multiple listings in several other cities for the exact same car. This person has several other listings that are all underpriced. Definite red flag.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A big red flag on marketplace to look for is to look at their other listings. On vehicles that seem to be way underpriced, they usually have multiple listings in several other cities for the exact same car. This person has several other listings that are all underpriced. Definite red flag.
Thanks! Ratbahstahd!

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had 3 FB sales this week.
I Always check join date. If it is the current year date I typically don't reply, unless they already have feedback and some type of interaction history, items for sale and a recent FB postings that arent just bs traffic.
I don't trade numbers or addresses.
I use messenger.
I meet in a business parking lot that has good cameras or I tellem to meet at the local PD if I am suspect of their shenanigans

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You changed the group photo.

You sent​

I’ll buy it. Where to meet to pickup?

Israel​

Israel Hernandez

Yes, are you interested?

You sent​

Where would you like to meet?​

Israel​

Israel Hernandez

Ok ,,Can I call you?

You sent​

no phone. I am deaf.

You sent
Address? Or where would you like to meet?

Israel​

Israel Hernandez

Israel​

Israel Hernandez

ok,,can i text message you a 6 digits number to make sure you are a real buyer?

You sent​

I have no phone. I am deaf.

You sent
Where would you like to meet at?

You sent
Hello?

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They can do damage with just your phone number. I don't answer numbers I don't know. If it's important they can leave a voicemail. They rarely do. They call me 4 or 5 times a day but never leave a msg...yeah must be really important. I also get a lot of bait texts trying to just get me to text back, they can hurt you there too. They text "you don't remember me do you?" but they never say who they are, they just want a text back from you to initiate a hack. You'd be shocked to see how many people have your private info. Email address, phone, physical address, last 4 ss #s, mother's maiden name. It's out there, on almost every one of us. Although identity theft is rampant, I'm surprised it's not way worse.

OneMoreEvan

Snake Eater
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had this same thing happen, I was looking for a new apartment recently and saw what I thought was a fair price so I inquired about it, here is the dead giveaway though... "Kindly". Seems like a common thing for Indian scammers to ask you to "Kindly" do things. I'm not "kindly" giving you my phone number so that "the Landlord can kindly contact you about your inquiry." Then I checked the other listings and sure enough dude had listings from here to Florida and beyond.

Latest posts

Top Bottom