Iso Duece and half

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was one for sale on this forum a while back for something like $10k already bobbed, normal style receiver hitch, tagged and ready to go. It was expensive but when you factor in the cost of bigger wheels and tires and all the details and work that goes into making one like that...it wasn't too bad.

The thing that kills me is the top speed of one is ~55 mph, some people claim faster after bobbing them but I cant say. Also you will want to buy a heater to put in that thing. A 12v cummins would be cool but I like the idea of the multi fuel engine... killer prepper appeal :)

From what I understand you might be better off going with a 5T truck... a lot of guys on steelsoldiers claim they are just that much better in every way. But again...I just did a little research a while back and havnt really compared the two with my own eyes.

gregb21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was one for sale on this forum a while back for something like $10k already bobbed, normal style receiver hitch, tagged and ready to go. It was expensive but when you factor in the cost of bigger wheels and tires and all the details and work that goes into making one like that...it wasn't too bad.

The thing that kills me is the top speed of one is ~55 mph, some people claim faster after bobbing them but I cant say. Also you will want to buy a heater to put in that thing. A 12v cummins would be cool but I like the idea of the multi fuel engine... killer prepper appeal :)

From what I understand you might be better off going with a 5T truck... a lot of guys on steelsoldiers claim they are just that much better in every way. But again...I just did a little research a while back and havnt really compared the two with my own eyes.

Does Buzz Brown in Binger sell any or does he just collect? Where in Binger is he located?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ones I saw in Binger were on Main Street near the center of town. I've seen some on YouTube and I like the bobbed ones. My biggest concern is maintenance and parts availability.

Definitely would not want to go off road alone in one. Imagine sinking one of those to the axles and trying to get it out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ones I saw in Binger were on Main Street near the center of town. I've seen some on YouTube and I like the bobbed ones. My biggest concern is maintenance and parts availability.

Definitely would not want to go off road alone in one. Imagine sinking one of those to the axles and trying to get it out.

That's the reason you try to find one with the PTO winch on the front.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That was probably mine. I also sold a regular one to doctorjj too....

[Broken External Image]

I know I had my bobbed one up to 60-62 mph by gps a few times, could go a little more if you wanted to push the rpms...

Mine actually had a water heater core and defrost in it.....

If I was to bob another one, it would be a newer 5 ton.

Thanks for the input guys. I don't know what exactly would do with it. The more I see the bobbed ones, I think that is what I would do. I have read where some have transplanted a late model cummins into them, havent seen the details. I have built quite a few vehicles over the years and have been thinking about it for a couple of years. It will be a ask for forgiveness type of situation.

If you want a bobbed one, and dont have welding and fab skills, plus the machinery and equipment, you're definitely better off to buy one done...

The pricing is getting ridiculous on them. Expect to pay $4000-$6000 for one in decent condition that runs good. To bob it add in buying a military trailer for the bed, the 46" tires, and endless upgrades from there... If your time is worth much, you'll be in it $10k quick....And remember they're not power steering, if you want that, add another $2500...

Good luck finding one on the govermentliquidation site. The M35A2's are getting pretty old now. You can find the M35A3's, but being newer reflects in the price too, probably $8k-$12k+....

I bought my m929 from govermentliquidation and picked it up right off the base in Norman, but it was about $12k...

Here's a pic of my m929 next to my bobbed deuce...the 5 tons dwarf the 2.5 tons

20131110_172202.jpg

20130923_191320.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom