It Ain't Whitewashing...But Building Fence Is Still Fun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A neighbor of mine let me borrow his gas powered T-post driver to drive a grounding rod through some hard packed caliche at our place in New Mexico. That thing was nice. Saved a bunch of sledge hammering. The neighbor drove in a bunch of t-posts to fence off 140 acres.

His was similar to the link below. It had a Honda engine. Sure was slick.

https://www.amazon.com/Pile-Driver-...CI6IjMuOTAifQ==&sprefix=t+post,aps,217&sr=8-6

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume the new fence is for the goats. Im going to pass along a tip that an old timer gave to me awhile back. He said to build the fence and make sure everything is good to go. He then said to take a glass of water and throw the water at the fence. With a straight face, he said if water goes through the fence, it ain’t gonna hold a goat.

That pretty much sums it all up, too. Lol

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's to hold in Nigerian dwarfs I hope it's no larger than the 4x4 inch sheep and goat weave. Them little sobs can get thru some small holes. Oklahoma earth is like concrete right now. Enjoy your pounding. When the earth is right Teresa holds the post while I lay the bucket on it. She moves and I increase pressure. No sweat. But if the earth is too hard you'll make big ass horse shoes. You'll also need to be pretty good with the joystick as we do love our better halves.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that's to hold in Nigerian dwarfs I hope it's no larger than the 4x4 inch sheep and goat weave. Them little sobs can get thru some small holes. Oklahoma earth is like concrete right now. Enjoy your pounding. When the earth is right Teresa holds the post while I lay the bucket on it. She moves and I increase pressure. No sweat. But if the earth is too hard you'll make big ass horse shoes. You'll also need to be pretty good with the joystick as we do love our better halves.

It's the type for smaller animals with the small holes at the bottom that get a little bigger at the top.

I haven't really checked yet to see how hard the ground is. I was able to dig out a spot for a compost pile with just the bucket yesterday. It didn't seem too bad. We'll see, I guess.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the type for smaller animals with the small holes at the bottom that get a little bigger at the top.

I haven't really checked yet to see how hard the ground is. I was able to dig out a spot for a compost pile with just the bucket yesterday. It didn't seem too bad. We'll see, I guess.
Sounds like the typical graduated field fence. If it is your not going to be happy with it. Ya best get the sheep and goat 4x4 or the 2x4 horse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom