It Ain't Whitewashing...But Building Fence Is Still Fun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just take that T post driver back to the store, and build a wooden jig. Then use the bucket and push the damn T posts into the ground. Poof, you're done! No need to hammer them with that thumb killer. I never had a bucket on a tractor. Our tractors were for field cultivation and baling. We sometimes used the three point to drive them in.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to fence building, I always had a great time with my dad building or repairing fence. We would try to do it on a Saturday so we could listen to the football games. When T posts came out, we thought we went to heaven. No more post holes with creosote posts and tamping, tamping, tamping.

I learned a lot about life during my time with dad those fence building days. Mostly that good fences made good neighbors.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even funner (yes that's a word, trust me) was trying to get them back out without a hi-lift jack. Just using a shovel and the notorious rock it back and forth method... It's almost out, trust me!😫🥵🥵🥵

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you put a good strain on that wire and the goats won't get through it. a good 13 wire 48 inch tall and six inch stay spaced high tensile field fence makes a great barrier to keep predators away from your kids. do you have a good set of strainer bars and chain strainers to pull it with?

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a front end loader. Use the loader to push the post into the ground. One person on the ground to locate the post one on tractor to operate the FEL and relocate the tractor.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Horned goats live to get they're heads stuck in the fence wire. Ask yourself how often you'd like to free goats from the nice tight fence you just spent time and money on.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goats love to do this!
20221022_080931.jpg

Which causes this! Till suitable fence is built.
20221022_080950.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom