IWB Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 3" GP100 and would like to get both 3" and 4" K frames, so IWB carry for revolvers is something I would like to get down. I use a cheap UM Nylon at 2 right now, but that a compromise until I can find a good rig.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use for my smaller guns the Bianchi 3S. I use it for my J-frames, P225, SW 3913. They do make it for larger guns but none for the K or L frame guns in anything longer than 2.5".

I have had good results with Galco's Royal Guard, that one they do make for larger framed guns.

Another company you might try is Price Western Leather.
It may take awhile, but you could contact El Paso Saddelry, they will make just about any holster they have to fit whatever gun you have.

By the way, I'm a southpaw, so finding good quality holsters has been a passion of mine.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Have you used one? It looks like the fit with a wheelgun isn't so hot. Or is that the way a revolver is supposed to be carried IWB? I hesitate to spend $70 on a IWB holster without hearing opinions on it.

[Broken External Image]

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you used one? It looks like the fit with a wheelgun isn't so hot. Or is that the way a revolver is supposed to be carried IWB? I hesitate to spend $70 on a IWB holster without hearing opinions on it.

[Broken External Image]

No I've only used their Royal Guard holster, the one I use for my K-frame is a Price Western Leather IWB.

[Broken External Image]

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Does it ride that high? If so is it stable? That's my concern, that Galco pic doesn't look very stable. Comparing pics it looks like yours rides about 2" lower than the Galco does. Also looks like the butt of that gun will be in the next county over if he sits down. Definitely want smooth wood grips with that holster to keep the shirt from riding up.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like that holster is for L/N frames and GP, don't see it for any of the K frames.

This looks like something that would be interesting to try with the revolver. It says available for most double actions.
awww.epsaddlery.com_images_Product_large_78.jpg

ETA: ElPaso just got back to me and they do make that for the GP, good to know.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looks like that holster is for L/N frames and GP, don't see it for any of the K frames.

This looks like something that would be interesting to try with the revolver. It says available for most double actions.
awww.epsaddlery.com_images_Product_large_78.jpg

ETA: ElPaso just got back to me and they do make that for the GP, good to know.

I have one of those for my 3913. I use it during the 6mo long heat wave here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom