IWB Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is nylon on finishes (like uncle mikes holsters)?

As far as I know, there is not a big problem with it.

One thought, if I might: While the uncle mike's IWB pouch is a flimsy affair, one thing that I do like about it is its' clip for the belt.
Take some suede, and make a pouch with it, sewing it up and then take the clip from the Uncle Mike's and sew it on the suede pouch, and you have a suede holster that is much firmer than the UM nylon one.
One thing I would do is leave the bottom open.

Just doing some thinking out loud.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you used one? It looks like the fit with a wheelgun isn't so hot. Or is that the way a revolver is supposed to be carried IWB? I hesitate to spend $70 on a IWB holster without hearing opinions on it.

[Broken External Image]

That looks like it would be slow to draw from (with 4" barrel), hard to draw from (with 4" barrel), and not very stable (top heavy, and would require a 4" barrel or else it looks like it would flip out onto the ground).

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like it would be slow to draw from (with 4" barrel), hard to draw from (with 4" barrel), and not very stable (top heavy, and would require a 4" barrel or else it looks like it would flip out onto the ground).

I agree with you: that does look awkward. The gun is too high for really good concealment, and the belt loops are too close together for the rig to be very stable. In this case, I think the person would be better off with a pancake style such as the Don Hume model 721. In this style, the gun also rides high, but the belt loops are far enough apart to impart some stability to the system.

I have a Hume 721 for a 4" N-frame, and it conceals very well.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with you: that does look awkward. The gun is too high for really good concealment, and the belt loops are too close together for the rig to be very stable. In this case, I think the person would be better off with a pancake style such as the Don Hume model 721. In this style, the gun also rides high, but the belt loops are far enough apart to impart some stability to the system.

I have a Hume 721 for a 4" N-frame, and it conceals very well.

I have the 721 for my Ruger SR9. It pulls the butt in very tight to help with concealment.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

For my 64 3" I use an older Desantis holster.
[Broken External Image]

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I ever carry my K or L-frames OWB, my usual method is an old original Roy Baker Pancake. That holster must be about 35-40 years old and it still gives good service.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I despise IWB carry thus far. Seems I am just not built for it. Tried it with my J frames in a nice IWB by Don Hume I think. Just too shallow and makes the gun practically flop out due to the love handles. :mad:

I can carry the GLock 27 IWB but it either pokes my in the gluteus muscle at 4:00 or the hip at 3:00. UGH!

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I despise IWB carry thus far. Seems I am just not built for it. Tried it with my J frames in a nice IWB by Don Hume I think. Just too shallow and makes the gun practically flop out due to the love handles. :mad:

I can carry the GLock 27 IWB but it either pokes my in the gluteus muscle at 4:00 or the hip at 3:00. UGH!

Do you still have the Don Hume? If so pm me with the info on it.

Thanks

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got my AKJ Concealco select grade for my SW99 - VERY happy so far.

Normal every day work shirt:
ai41.tinypic.com_x5uzcy.jpg

Hands all the way up:
ai42.tinypic.com_mv3qm8.jpg

Exposed:
ai40.tinypic.com_2hwjndh.jpg

P.S. I've been wearing Don Hume for a while - very nice as well, fits the gun perfect - wasn't as good of a fit to me.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gots no pix, but I've been wearing my Para LDA 14.45 in my new Crossbreed Supertuck and man that thing's NICE. That's a big, heavy piece of iron and the holster spreads the weight out nicely along its wide length. It tucks way down, just leaving enough of the grip out to get hold of.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gots no pix, but I've been wearing my Para LDA 14.45 in my new Crossbreed Supertuck and man that thing's NICE. That's a big, heavy piece of iron and the holster spreads the weight out nicely along its wide length. It tucks way down, just leaving enough of the grip out to get hold of.

I've shot one of those and it is good sized. I'd like to see some pics of this setup in use. It seems like it would be hard to conceal comfortably.

Latest posts

Top Bottom