J.M. Davis Gun Museum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, this place has been closed for months - seems like six months or better - the website says closed for renovations, but goodness, that is a long time. Anyone have the inside scoop when they plan to open back up?

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya, I heard about that. I go there from time to time, but I live pretty close, so an hour stop here and there is not a big deal, when they are open.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state was sued by the Davis family a few years back because they weren't maintaining the museum building and some of the guns were damaged as a result. I am guessing this is probably a side effect of that.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Via the Fb page:

Closed for Renovations Through February.
The J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum, the world’s largest privately held arms museum in Claremore, will be temporary closing November 1.
The Davis Museum will be installing a new LED lighting system through the entire building.
“The funding for this project came from a grant through the state of Oklahoma Commerce Department, the federal government and the Oklahoma state legislature”, stated museum executive director, Wayne McCombs.
Total funding on the project is $ 376,000. “The 40,000 square foot building has 948 lighting outlets including 600 display cases. This is a massive project”, McCombs stated.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Via the Fb page:

Closed for Renovations Through February.
The J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum, the world’s largest privately held arms museum in Claremore, will be temporary closing November 1.
The Davis Museum will be installing a new LED lighting system through the entire building.
“The funding for this project came from a grant through the state of Oklahoma Commerce Department, the federal government and the Oklahoma state legislature”, stated museum executive director, Wayne McCombs.
Total funding on the project is $ 376,000. “The 40,000 square foot building has 948 lighting outlets including 600 display cases. This is a massive project”, McCombs stated.
That’s good news. When we went as a group, one of the things I noticed was the poor lighting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom