January 30th 3-Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, we went back today during the pistol match and it looks like the best plan will be to place them at 125,150, two at 225, two at 282 and the las one at 353. Pretty easy shots with the irons. We figure 437 was a bit ambitious for the first long range match. I would look for that distance in March for sure!
M

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok now that Mike has made this our first real 3 gun match we will go with optics since my brown eye isn't good over 200 with the irons.

How much will my 12 gauge slugs and a 9mm bullets drop at 400 yds? I've only shot the pistol out to 50 and the shotgun to 100.

Kurt you can choose the rifle but you have to shoot without a follower in your shotgun if we are gonna wager anything more than a 6 pack.

Mike, Sean, and Kurt,

Thanks for stepping up the trash talk. This is definately getting more fun. Where's Scott and Curly? Cat got your tongue guys?

Some of us has been round long enough to know it is better to be quite and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt!

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we went back today during the pistol match and it looks like the best plan will be to place them at 125,150, two at 225, two at 282 and the las one at 353. Pretty easy shots with the irons. We figure 437 was a bit ambitious for the first long range match. I would look for that distance in March for sure!
M

When ya get to playing out past 150 with the cheap stuff you'll find that you may have a hard time maintaining any type of a consistent group.Might want to buy a box of the good name brand hunting rounds for accuracy.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cole, we really don't have all the stages finalized. With long range, it is hard to accurately guess the round count. It will be +/- 100 rifle rounds for some of us! :)

I would bank on 100 rifle, 100 pistol, 75 birdshot and 15 slugs. You should be good to go with that Cole.

M

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the silhouette range is going to be used for this match. I hope all of the competitors that may want to practice on that range before the coming event know NOT to shoot the steel silhouettes with their AR's. I hope we won't be blamed for anybody else who may do so ahead of the match. Hope you don't mind my 2 cents worth.

Stew

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Myself, Kurt Miller, and or Curly will be there at all times RO'ing. All of the targets will be removed prior to us starting the match. It really isn't an issue. You bring up a good point though. Please do not go to that range and shoot the silhouette targets with a .223. They will revoke your membership and you will have to pay for the steel you shot a hole through. Good call Stew.

M

Cole2534

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Myself, Kurt Miller, and or Curly will be there at all times RO'ing. All of the targets will be removed prior to us starting the match. It really isn't an issue. You bring up a good point though. Please do not go to that range and shoot the silhouette targets with a .223. They will revoke your membership and you will have to pay for the steel you shot a hole through. Good call Stew.

M

I was wondering about that too.

I'll bring a **** load of rifle, JIC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom