John Glenn, first American in orbit, has returned to the heavens...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, John Glenn was a true American Space Hero. Would any of us have volunteered to do what he did? Doubt it. I think it was exceptional that NASA let him go back the second time to say "thank you" for risking to be the first.

While I highly respect what John Glenn did for our space program, I also did not care for what he did in his political life. I heard he had bad BO also.

I do not think that is what this thread was about, I think it was about remembering that John Glenn will be in the history books forever as the first man in space, and in my opinion he was a true American for that.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I think it was about remembering that John Glenn will be in the history books forever as the first man in space, and in my opinion he was a true American for that.

Not trying to nitpick here but he was not the first man in space, that was Yuri Gagarin. He wasn't even the first American. That belongs to Alan Shepard.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to nitpick here but he was not the first man in space, that was Yuri Gagarin. He wasn't even the first American. That belongs to Alan Shepard.

Glen was the first American to orbit the earth.
The US was in total panic when they sent him up because of the Russians.
I think there were 11 false starts to weather conditions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom