Judgement day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife called me at work today saying a man eating armadillo had burrowed under our front porch. She put a big flower pot on it.
I got home, loaded up the judge with 00 buck, and removed the flower pot. Sat on the porch with a frosty beverage and waited. First saw his head, then he eased out and started a fast walk.
Being the sportsman that I am, he was allowed a head start.
Then with a rebel yell like turtle man, the chase was on!
First shot rolled him and killed him. Man, I wanted at least a little run and gun, but it didn't happen.

[Broken External Image]

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate those stinkin things, I step in the holes walking to my stand and it jares the crap out of you when you arent suspecting it. One year we mowed a 80 acre pecan grove and they were thick, I was shooting them out to 200yds with the 22-250 that made the "red mist" really visible. between three of us we killed 57 dillars that year. Then I found out in Mexico they are considered a delicasy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna eat it now?

Please don't call BS on this, but back when I was a kid, my folks took us to Beeville Tx to see some relatives. Long story short, my dad shot a diller. They were totally in South Texas at that time. My uncle cut it out of the shell, and seperated the meat, putting it into a fire pit wrapped in foil. It actually tasted like some pork, but some was a little darker meat. In that day and time it was called Mexican turkey as the local immigrants ate them on a regular basis.
Knowing what I know now, about them carrying diseases, It wouldn't happen.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis,

I caught this dangerous man-eater slipping through the woods and luckily, I got him before he got me...

This guy thought he could outrun one of my handloaded 140 gr. Hornady FTX bullets in my 357 magnum but, he just wasn't quite fast enough ....
i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Poor_20Armadillo_006_2.jpg

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Poor_20Armadillo_009_2.jpg

I went postal on this guy and tagged him 8 out of 10 ten shots with my Ruger MkIII
i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_004_3.jpg

DAVID

Latest posts

Top Bottom