Judgement day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, have you patterned your Judge with various loads?
I actually did a pretty extensive review of different loads in the judge a couple of years ago when I first got it. It was prior to the speciality ammo we have now that was designed for the judge. To say the least, I was unimpressed with the performance of ammo designed to be used in standard length shotguns. The 00 buck would flatten against each other, and fly every where. Slugs had little penetration, etc.

With the new ammo, designed for this gun, my opinion has changed. With faster burning powders, the velocity and penetration has improved tremendously. Harder lead, copper coated 00 buck pellets come out round, and produce consistent tight patterns.
Sadly, the bird shot rounds are still not where they should be. That little bit of rifling in the end of the barrel causes the patterns to be very large at very close ranges. There isn't enough pellets in the charge to fill in all of the holes.
I'd use it on a rabbit at 5 yds, but not 10.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next time we go fishing, I want to hear your rebel yell like turtle man. This could be interesting. LOL, your out of control when it comes to killin dillers. I think it is more appropriate that you yell the official "diller yell" than a turtleman rebel yell.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Came home to 3 dillers and 2 possums in the yard tonight. By the time I got back out side all but 2 dillers were gone and they headed out pretty fast when I came out. Should have grabbed the 10/22 instead of the mkii. I hate me some dillers.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis - Sounds like you need to get serious on your yard hunting. and get yourself a limit a dillers. I still wanna hear your diller killer yell next week.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom