June Eat N Shoot - Saturday, June 17, 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, that was a wild one. We went up the night before and stayed with the in-laws, fun night that was. On our way back to Lawton the Mouse texted me and said it was back on. We will see ya Saturday and I will be sure to leave my smart a$$ at home...lol

Yours leaving Jenn at home?!?!?!?? That doesn't seem fair ... :anyone:

:pms2:

Hey, tell her I side "hi" and I'm coming to Lawton the last Wednesday in June cuz I gotta get some shop-hopping done before the end of the month.You guys down with company for lunch again. And MM, tell Pearl, too!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is everything as far as times still the same as in the OP?

Yes. I will be at Halftime Sports Grill at 11:30AM on Saturday as posted earlier. We will head to Big Boys after lunch and should be there by about 1:00PM. Hope to see you there Buddy, but you can just leave that fuzzy dang red dot at home far as I'm concerned! (jk)
:comfort:

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yours leaving Jenn at home?!?!?!?? That doesn't seem fair ... :anyone:

:pms2:

Hey, tell her I side "hi" and I'm coming to Lawton the last Wednesday in June cuz I gotta get some shop-hopping done before the end of the month.You guys down with company for lunch again. And MM, tell Pearl, too!!

Cannot leave Jen at home, there would be SERIOUS consequences... lol Come down anytime, PM me and I will give ya Jens cell number.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saturday is a big car show at HT. Could be a crowd but no telling. Tell Aldo I said hi, you might get better food or service.

Yep. Biggun alrighty. Like 4 cars here right now...maybe 8 or 9 people too! The crowd is wild! It rivals any gathering I've ever seen! Some scantily clad wimmen doing a car wash thing though. Ooooh, yeah, squeeze that sponge like you mean it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good time today. Got to shoot the breeze a little and shoot a few different guns too. Mugsy has a nice Crusader Compact in .45 ACP; but it was throwing the spent cases out up and away, actually hitting the front of the slide forward of the ejection port. I suspect the ejector was "clocking" a bit, causing his brass to eject forward and high. We examined both the ejection pattern and the spent brass and came to that conclusion. I believe it to be the cause of the problem and one that is easily fixed. All said, it was a pleasurable way to spend an afternoon, shooting with some pals from OSA and pokin' holes in the paper. We did have a .22 pistol shoot-off and it was close; a real nail biter in fact. It was down to the wire, but at the end, the two winners were Jwryan84 and Mugsy. They both shot extremely well, and after a careful examination of the targets and tallying up the scores, it was determined to be a tie. Each shooter received a $15 gift card from Big Boys Gun Range as a testament to their exceptional marksmanship skills. Ya'll who couldn't make it missed out; hope to see you at a future event.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We are glad you guys had fun. Had that infamous family thing come up last minute, got to clean out the office and make it into a guest room for my Alzheimer's afflicted mother who we bring home tomorrow after her 6 month stay in rehab. Short notice, but certainly a welcome thing. Hopefully we will see y'all next month.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are glad you guys had fun. Had that infamous family thing come up last minute, got to clean out the office and make it into a guest room for my Alzheimer's afflicted mother who we bring home tomorrow after her 6 month stay in rehab. Short notice, but certainly a welcome thing. Hopefully we will see y'all next month.

Well we missed you guys, but certainly do understand. Sorry to hear of your mother's illness; that can be very hard to deal with, for her and you as well. Being retired, my days are pretty much my own now, so anytime you want to go shoot, give me enough notice to pack my range bag and we'll do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom