just bought a new crossbow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a new crossbow this past weekend. It's a Barnett Veloci-Raptor. Just a little step up from the Raptor. It comes with luminated (red or green) 3x scope, 160lb. pull, 340 fps advertized, 2 cocking ropes, & everything else that comes with the Raptor package.

What say any of you guys out there?
Matt

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say you have a good rig, and your ready to go hunting.

My Xbow runs 350fps, and I shoot the yellow jacket block targets from Walmart. If I shoot target points, they bury into the fletchings and beyond causing some of them to come off when removing the bolts.

Using a broadhead, they don't over penetrate, and you want to use what your going to be hunting with anyway.

Good luck and have fun!

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just put it together. Looks awesome, & only weighs in @ 6.5lbs. Havent shot it yet, but i got one of those blackhole laminated foam blocks, or whatever it is called, looking to do some shooting & have it sighted in by this weekend.
Range report to come.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the new weapon.. I have been thinking of getting one, I have been borrowing a friends and they are very accurate.
You need to judge the distance and do not get over confident when hunting game.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats one of those models with the plastic arrow retention spring. Dollars to donuts that plastic piece will break in under a year, IF you shoot it very much. Barnett is having HORRIBLE problems with those retention springs, I don't know why they don't switch to metal ones. Let us know if you have any problems! Hopefully you got a good one! You roll the dice with those Barnetts IMO, some last and some don't.

I know I know, some guys love their Barnetts but I have seen and heard enough to avoid them myself. Just my opinion.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. I have heard a couple of bad stories too. I originally wanted to get a Carbon Express model of approx. the same configuration, (a cx3 or sls). But for the money, i didnt want to pass up on this deal.
I will watch out for that retainer spring. The package did come with an extra, so they must suspect that.
For me so far it shoots great. Dead on @ 15 to 20 yds with top aiming circle, dead on @ 45yds with the 5th aiming mark with 3 arrow spread of about 3 to 3.5 inches. So their graduations in the scope are a little off, but not bad.
More practice is needed to figure out exactly what ranges to relate to all the aiming marks in the scope. Should be fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom