Just picked up a Norinco 1911 today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great platform for customizing. I know Olyeller and other smiths have been plenty impressed with the metal and dimensions for them to be worked on.

Jon1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm probably going to leave it alone for a while with the exception of the Hogue grips. I used to like them, but when I learned how to grip a 1911 properly, I found that the finger grooves mess me all up because I'm not able to have my fingers crowd the bottom of the trigger guard like they should.

I got it so I have the option of doing a hardcore build later because of the 5100 steel.

I was pretty impressed with the accuracy at the 50ft mark the other night when I took it out and shot it. Despite the less than stellar frame-slide fit, it kept them in a fairly nice group at 50 ft at the indoor range.

I don't mind giving up the price. It was listed at $399 at the dealer's booth, but he moved a little on price, and it came out to $401 after the tax/fees.

The Colt mag that came with it was pretty ugly, gave me one misfeed. I may try to clean it up a bit and lube it, but I may just stick with the Kimber, Wilson, and Chip Mags I already have.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good deal, here is my Norinco 1911 olyeller did up

ai127.photobucket.com_albums_p130_2ThouZ28_norinco6.jpg

ai127.photobucket.com_albums_p130_2ThouZ28_norinco10.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom