Just when i thought

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things were maybe normalizing,

Hate to air this, but maybe some experience on here and I got vent or explode.

Common knowledge, I got Fauci Flu in Oct. 21 and was not released for work.
Was on "short term disability" (30% pay) for 6 months. April. 22, was put on "long term disability". I PAID FOR a long term disability policy that "pays" 65%.

We were getting by, pretty good, even through Wif's cancer treatments.

Oct. '23 and Company "retired" me and my insurance was gone. Luckily, Medi-Care kicked in and we were still OK.

Company/insurer had filed for Social Security disability on me. July '24, Social Security approved disability and sent a check for back pay, $35k.
I put check in bank, figuring (I knew) insurance would claim overpayment.

Insurance "claims" a letter was sent in June. Nothing received. They called, a few minutes ago. Stated that they had received notice of Social Security notice of payment and I owed for "over payment" of $58k, total of ALL payments received since Oct. '22.

Was on phone with this "Byotch" (saying the call was recorded) for about 5 minutes. When I said I would be contacting Company and Lawyer to sue them, she hung up on me.

Was feeling good, got A/C going, at reasonable cost and then, bent over, DRY.

I hate insurance companies more every day.

Probably do no good, but letter to State Insurance Commission and visit with lawyer forth coming.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is almost like they want to beat you into submission, just like the VA does with our soldiers.

I had a woman who was as aggressive as a pit bull (outstanding trait for an employee) that had a husband sprayed with the Orange in Vietnam. She fought with the VA for years to get her husband the disability the country owed him. It was almost like they thought she would go away if they kept denying his claim or asking for more documentation so they would not have to pay him. They almost won but she loved her husband and was hard headed enough to not give in. I did see her cry once she was so beat down by how they treated her.

Finally, the government conceded and he was granted the disability. It should not have to be that hard, especially for a veteran.

Latest posts

Top Bottom