K-12 Parking Lot bill passes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK2A

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems significant that no school official is issuing dire warnings of violence. Our legislators seem to finally understand that the restoration of Second Amendment rights is a popular move. Constitution carry can be envisioned. Sanity may be breaking out all over ladies and gentlemen.

I don't think they realized it was coming. We sneaked it into a bill in conference committee.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since May 5, 2014, the legislature is 5 for 6 on overriding vetoes.

I'm glad to hear there are more. Do you mean they have tried to override 6 vetoes and succeeded in 5? She has vetoed 27 bills from what I have read. I had only heard about 2461 and 2625 being overridden. Which other vetoes were overridden? Any 2A bills?

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear there are more. Do you mean they have tried to override 6 vetoes and succeeded in 5? She has vetoed 27 bills from what I have read. I had only heard about 2461 and 2625 being overridden. Which other vetoes were overridden? Any 2A bills?

I should have said House - my apologies (I have fishing priorities at the moment and was looking from a mobile device).

6 vetoes were issued since May 5.

Those two have been overridden by both Chamber. Three are pending the Senate.

HB2832: Revenue and taxation; directing the Oklahoma Tax Commission to issue a separate exemption card to certain persons authorized to make purchases on behalf of an eligible veteran; effective date.
HB2976: Public health and safety; requiring hospitals to provide parents of newborn infants certain educational information; effective date.
HB3417: Criminal procedure; prohibiting non-law-enforcement entities or persons from participating in roadside traffic stops; effective date.

marshrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is another question, as I am ill- informed: if you are an employee or teacher in a district, are you allowed to carry despite a district saying that it doesn't want employees carrying onto the campus? I teach in a rural district, which was talking about arming teachers when that was on the table, so I doubt I would have a problem, but, I am just curious. Will this be at the behest of a school board to allow or disallow as was the issue of arming certain teachers?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is another question, as I am ill- informed: if you are an employee or teacher in a district, are you allowed to carry despite a district saying that it doesn't want employees carrying onto the campus? I teach in a rural district, which was talking about arming teachers when that was on the table, so I doubt I would have a problem, but, I am just curious. Will this be at the behest of a school board to allow or disallow as was the issue of arming certain teachers?

Only private schools can create their own rules when it comes to law abiding citizens carrying firearms on school property. Public schools it is still a no-no per state law and can have legal ramifications.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom