"K31 Sights"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if any forum members have found a good set of aftermarket diopter/peep sights to use on a K31. I have seen some precision sets for the K31 that cost as much or more than the rifle. I am hoping to find a less expensive alternative. Something like the Tech Sights that does not require any permanent modifications to the rifle. Also, does anyone have any experience with the MOJO sight for the K31?

Thanks.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went through this when I wanted to install a peep rear sight on my K31. I tried a K31 with the Mojo sight, and IMHO, it was only marginally better than the standard tangential rear sight, since it sits so far forward. Because of this location, the Mojo sight has to have a large aperture which seemed to defeat the purpose of a peep sight. The sight radius is also about the same as the standard, meaning it's pretty short. So I spent the coin and got a Swiss Products clamp-on P/S diopter, and it was worlds better. Very well worth the cost, I think... though I admit I sold the setup because I prefer the St. Marie clamp-on scope mount with a vintage Weaver K4-1 that maintains the classic look of the K31. This last setup is my most accurate milsurp.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gentlemen thanks for your responses and suggestions.

I went through this when I wanted to install a peep rear sight on my K31. I tried a K31 with the Mojo sight, and IMHO, it was only marginally better than the standard tangential rear sight, since it sits so far forward. Because of this location, the Mojo sight has to have a large aperture which seemed to defeat the purpose of a peep sight. The sight radius is also about the same as the standard, meaning it's pretty short. So I spent the coin and got a Swiss Products clamp-on P/S diopter, and it was worlds better. Very well worth the cost, I think... though I admit I sold the setup because I prefer the St. Marie clamp-on scope mount with a vintage Weaver K4-1 that maintains the classic look of the K31. This last setup is my most accurate milsurp.

Does anyone know if adding a scope disqualifies the rifle for use in a milsurp competition? Does it matter if it is a vintage scope?

Thanks,

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gentlemen thanks for your responses and suggestions.

Does anyone know if adding a scope disqualifies the rifle for use in a milsurp competition? Does it matter if it is a vintage scope?

Thanks,

It depends on the competition. At Red Castle, they have separate matches for iron sighted and scoped bolt actions.

ETA: Looks like Red Castle requires that the milsurp be in "as issued" condition, so a scoped K31 might be a dicey proposition, since it's not quite the same design as the Zfk-55 sniper rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom