Kalashnikov AK-12 Unveiled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the sounds of the articles they only shot the heck out of the guns with minimal cleaning. They didn't crawl in the dirt, expose it to fine sand, or give it a real world beat down.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the sounds of the articles they only shot the heck out of the guns with minimal cleaning. They didn't crawl in the dirt, expose it to fine sand, or give it a real world beat down.

Exactly my friend. Anyone can post a picture of a dirty gunked up weapon. Or write an article claiming that they have fired X amount of rounds through it with cleaning. I know for fact that my AK will out perform his AR in a "real world beat down".

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone can post a picture of a dirty gunked up weapon. Or write an article claiming that they have fired X amount of rounds through it with cleaning. I know for fact that my AK will out perform his AR in a "real world beat down".

Well, the "anyone" who wrote that article is Pat Rogers who is a retired USMC Chief Warrant Officer and a retired NYPD Sergeant. Pat is the owner of E.A.G. Inc., which provides services to various governmental organizations. Their website is http://10-8consulting.com/ if you are interested.

Since you said "anyone" can write an article, I anxiously look forward to your article on the superiority of the AK platform. Could you please tell us when and in which magazine it will be published? Oh, and please be sure to list your credentials so we know the experience you are basing your claims on.

It is obvious that you are AK biased and closed minded to the AR, so I will not bother posting in your thread anymore. You do not have to convince me that the AK is a great weapon because I agree with you, but you seem unwilling to concede that the AR is a great weapon as well.

Have a nice day and God bless you.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the "anyone" who wrote that article is Pat Rogers who is a retired USMC Chief Warrant Officer and a retired NYPD Sergeant. Pat is the owner of E.A.G. Inc., which provides services to various governmental organizations. Their website is http://10-8consulting.com/ if you are interested.

Since you said "anyone" can write an article, I anxiously look forward to your article on the superiority of the AK platform. Could you please tell us when and in which magazine it will be published? Oh, and please be sure to list your credentials so we know the experience you are basing your claims on.

It is obvious that you are AK biased and closed minded to the AR, so I will not bother posting in your thread anymore. You do not have to convince me that the AK is a great weapon because I agree with you, but you seem unwilling to concede that the AR is a great weapon as well.

Have a nice day and God bless you.

I've already said numerous times that the AR is a great platform. My point has simply been that I feel that the AK is superior to the AR in certain aspects and certain situations (warfare in tough environments, pure reliability, ruggedness). Where as the AR is superior for other situations (accuracy, weight, parts interchangeability). Could it be that you have spun my words in your own mind. Have you ever thought that maybe it's you that is the one who is butt hurt, just because I prefer the AK in a SHTF situation?

I am not closed minded on the subject. My thoughts and beliefs are from my own personal experiences with both platforms.

But regardless lets close this debate between the AK and the AR and get back on subject which is the AK-12. :D

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More pictures of this awesome weapon!

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2012_02_1329273902_kalashnikov_rifle_394_tfb.jpeg

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2012_02_kalashnikov_rifle_967_tfb1.jpeg

And a link to see the sexy beast in action!

http://rt.com/news/ak-12-kalashnikov-rifle-253/

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like that EAG AR was run pretty hard -- the article would seem to indicate that all those rounds were fired at 3-day carbine classes. Those sort of classes are not bench shooting -- they involve getting down on the ground, improvised positions, etc. Not exactly being submerged in mud or whatnot, but still a good indicator of how reliable a quality made AR can be.

I have no doubt the AK is the undisputed king when it comes to reliability, but a quality AR is certainly reliable enough for serious, life or death use too.

The un-reliability of the AR is often highly exaggerated... as is the inaccuracy of the AK. It is often stated that they are "minute of man at 100 yards." Well, my cheap ass WASR keeps the groups under man-size out to 400 yards with iron sights, from prone with a sling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom